Water is the most valuable substance in our lives. Life would be non-existent on earth, without the presence of water. Water occurs in three different forms; these are solid, liquid and gas. All these forms occur naturally in the environment.
Water in its purest form is basically tasteless, odorless and colorless. It is made up of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom (H2O).
It has a freezing point of 00 C and a boiling point of 1000 C. In its solid state, it forms glaciers, frozen lakes and rivers, snow, frost and hail. It occurs in the liquid state as rain and dew. And in its gas state, it occurs as fog, steam and clouds.
Water forms 70-90% of mass of the cell. Our body mass is made of approximately 70% of water. Jellyfish are made of up to 96% of water. It all most covers about 75% of the earth.
Most of the people assume that water is an unlimited natural resource and they neglect the importance of it.
Although water appears abundant but the recent surveys has shown that it is seriously vulnerable to depletion and pollution.
About 20% of the world population does not have access to fresh water. Canada is the second largest country that has a vast supply of fresh water.
Even a healthy person can only survive for 3-5 days without water. Water is an integral part of our life and health. It makes us survive, clean and simply recharge our fatigue and make our skin look better.
It is not only important to human beings but also to plants and animals. If there were no water to feed the plants, there would be no oxygen for the living organisms.
Water helps in revitalizing, when our skin dries under the sun. In our day-to-day activity we play games, work a lot and do other stuff that leads to body’s dehydration. Water helps to rehydrate our body through its revitalizing feature.
It is very important to recharge mental fatigue and physical fatigue to do our everyday activities. Mental fatigue leads to sleepiness and lack of concentration whereas physical fatigue will make the muscle tired.
Water also helps in detoxifying the bacteria in the human body which is important for the health. It is best and the cheapest agent for detoxifying.
Anything in excess can lead to certain problems, similarly excess water consumption can lead many health problems such as migraine headaches, high blood pressure etc.
Importance of Water
- Water plays an important role in agriculture. It is impossible to grow crops without water.
- Water also plays an important role in the domestic sectors for drinking, washing toilets and food preparation. Also used for municipal use.
- It is not only important for living organism but also for the ecosystem. It’s presence in the atmosphere absorbs the sun’s heat.
- It is widely used in industries. For fire protection, cleaning and generation of power. It is also important in thermal power generation.
- Water ways are also an important medium for transportation as it cheaper compared to roadways and airways.
- Swimming, fishing and boating are important outdoor activities which are impossible without water.
- Water gives a sense of majesty, watching the waves of the sea reminds the beauty and power of the nature and it’s our responsibility to respect it and preserve it for our future generation.
Water pollution is a matter of concern and it must be stopped. Thousands of animals die due to water pollution. Water is polluted mainly because of lack of space for dumping garbage.
Instead of recycling people start throwing garbage in the water which leads contamination of water.
Several laws were made in order to control this, cut companies and industries still dump waste in the rivers, oceans and streams. Water pollution leads to no life in the oceans, lakes and rivers as the dumping of waste in the water will cause the water creatures to die off.
We need to cut down the dumping of waste as soon as possible and should come up with a plan to improve the water quality. Water is the most important part of our life. We can survive for days without food but if we didn’t get water to drink soon we would close our eyes forever.
Diet watchers and diet conscious people can lose weight by drinking more and more water, it improves the metabolic rate and helps you burn fat.
One can stay active and energetic if he/she consume a lot of water because drinking water keeps you alert and improves your energy.