India is a tropical country that has a variety of seasons. The hottest and most important of them is the Summer Season. Most parts of India face scorching sun and heat waves during this season. Even in most of the parts, the temperature can cross 40 degrees. The South part of India is the hottest region of India.
Apart from the heat, the summer season brings a lot of occasions to celebrate as well. It starts in March and ends in June with the end of summer vacations in most of the schools.
Summer Season Essay – 1
People prefer wearing light-colored cotton clothes. These clothes help in maintaining the temperature of the body, and they absorb the body sweat as well. In summer the days are longer than the nights.
We need to take care of our health in the summer season. It is advised to drink a lot of water and eat healthy food. We should also limit the use of oil in our diet. Lack of water in the body can result in feeling tired and dizziness.
It is also the season of fruits. Mango, watermelon, papaya, guava are all available in the summer season.
There are various seasons in a year, summer, storm, harvest time, winter, and spring. With each season, we witness certain progressions in our lives as well as on our Earth. Seasons are suggestions to us that change is unavoidable. India is one of only a handful of exceptional nations that encounters each of the six seasons in a year. They are summer, storm, fall, pre winter, and spring. In any case, these seasons differ from one area to another because of components like scope, longitude, geography, and ecological variables. According to the Hindu schedule, each season is partitioned into two months consistently.
Importance Of Summer
- It provides us food – summer is an essential season because this season helps the farmers to grow food crops, especially the Rabi crops. They plant these crops in the spring season, but their growth is fast in the summer month.
- Construction sites – construction and renovation of buildings and roads are more accessible as the cement and paints dry faster due to the heat of the sun.
- Family and leisure times – This is also the season to enjoy as the schools and colleges announce Summer vacations of two months. The families and children wait for this time the whole year so that they can visit their village or go on tour out of the station. Students also enroll themselves in internships or skill development courses to increase their experiences and knowledge.
- It is the best time for detoxification. The body precipitates and cleans all the unwanted excretion materials.
According to one survey done in India, the second-deadliest heatwave occurred in April and May of 2015, which resulted in deaths of over 2,000 people.
Effects Of Summer Season – Effects on the human body –
Increased body temperature can cause sweating, dizziness, weak pulse, nausea, cramps and clammy skins, and tanning as well.
- Several studies show that as the temperature climbs, we perform slowly and inaccurately on cognitive tests. It affects everyone, from students to adults.
- High temperatures can also cause heat strokes.
- Air pollution also increases due to heat, and the quality of air gets worse, which makes it hard to breathe sometimes.
- High temperature causes rashes and allergies, and asthma patients are also advised to take care of them as it can get worse in summer.
- Many people die due to dehydration, especially those living on the streets.
- People doing exercise should drink more and more water in summer.
Effects on plants life and animals
- the hot dry season is rough on plants
- hot air decreases moisture from the environment
- Exposure to the direct sunlight can cause leaves to turn yellowish-brown
- The high temperature in summer can also invite drought in some areas.
- Many birds and stray animals die due to the excess heat and lack of availability of water and food. They have to search harder for it.
Festivals During Summers
The following festivals are celebrated in the summer –
- Mahavira Jayanti
- Chithirai festival
- Ram Navami
Summer activities for children
As the summer season begins, there is a gradual increase in outdoor activities, and everybody spends their time going on picnic and beaches.
Summer camps are also organized to provide training to the students, and these courses include extra circular activities like personality development, dance, music, judo karate. It also includes sports like hockey, cricket, badminton, football, tennis, and golf. Water sports are also very famous during the summers.
Facts About Summer Season
- This season provides various types of fruits and vegetables.
- The sky becomes apparent, and there are not many clouds to gives us shade.
- Sun shines even brighter and provides us vitamin D.
- The longest day occurs either on June 21st or June 22nd
- June is named after the Roman goddess ‘Juno.’
- July is national ‘Blueberry Month.’
- August is named after Julius Caesar’s nephew.
- The Eiffel tower grows by six inches in the summer season due to the expansion of iron.
As we have talked about the brighter side of the summer, it’s time to talk about its dark side.
Gloomy Effects Of Summer
- Summer season gives us sunburns and tans
- Everyone feels very dizzy and lazy in the summer
- Bug bites and bee stings are prevalent
- Plants and animals also suffer badly in the summer
Effects On The Indian Poor In Summer-
The temperature in summer is very high, but it only affects the lower class of society like the poor and the homeless. They suffer the most as they don’t have shelters, and they have to work hard in the scorching heat. It is the reason they fall sick so quickly, and in severe conditions, they can die as well.
Life is not easy for them, because they lack water, electricity and health care facilities. More exposure to the sun can cause kidney disease, micronutrient deficiencies, and more cognitive damage.
This season can be enjoyed by taking precautions. It is the season of holidays and festivals as it spreads joy and brings prosperity. We should complain less and enjoy our time with family and friends.
Summer is also suitable for learning good habits and new skills which will benefit you for your whole life. Summer is also an excellent time to explore other cities and countries and make memories for ourselves.
Summer is also considered as the best time to lose some body fat. Many people start dieting in the summer by cutting out oil and sugar entirely from their food and prefer eating raw vegetables and fruits. They not only help to maintain water in the body but provide essential nutrients as well.
As summer is a difficult time for everyone, we should keep food and water for the animals and birds on our terrace and also outside our home. We can also build a small house for them where they can live and protect themselves from the heat of the scorching sun.
Summer Season – Essay 2
Summer season is one of the four seasons that occur on the Earth. It is the hottest of all the season and comes after spring leading to autumn. Usually, it starts from March, and extends till late September. The beginning of Holi usually marks the onset on the Summer season.
The sun rays glisten like powdered gold and the world smells of joy. It ends with the onset of monsoons and heavy rains. Summers brings about different kind of imagery in the mind’s eye. Summer means joy; summer means warmth, summers means blossoms.
Science of Summer Season
Summer season is caused because of the tilt of the earth. These tilt was supposedly caused because of an asteroid hitting the earth and slanting it 23.5 degrees away from its axis. On the course of revolution of the earth, when the tilted side is closer to the Sun, we experience summer, marked by a significant surge in the atmospheric temperature.
During this period of equinox; the Sun positions itself directly over the Equator. The days become longer while shortening the nights. This season also accommodates the longest day on the year (longest duration of daylight from sunrise to sunset).
Advantages of Summer Season
Summer season, although being the warmest of all seasons is liked by many and is of special fondness to young kids. Just like them we as grownups surely must have many memories and experiences which even today remind us of those warm Summer afternoons of laziness and ice-creams.
- Summer is the time of working long hours because of the length of the day, thus increases our output and productivity.
- Children get at least month-long holidays during which they are free from the burden of school bags and homework and can enjoy the innocence of their childhood and make merry.
- Because of the dry ground, kids usually go outdoorsto play various games which is not only good for their physical development but it also nourishes mind.
- Because of widespread pollution in the cities, temperatures usually go above the tolerable limit they rush to hilly regions, beaches and resorts to enjoy their summer vacation.
- Summer seasons brings a plethora of exotic fruits to tease the palate. Mangoes, jack fruits, pears, papaya, grapes, juicy plums, berries, apricots, and many more the main attractions for the taste buds in summer. A variety of savouring vegetables also favours Summer season for growth – beans, corn, cucumbers, tomatoes, melons, peppers and squash. These fruits and vegetables are not only helpful in satiating our taste buds but also are rich in vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants that help us keep healthy and refreshed and also slows down ageing process. Moreover, fruits are made up of over 50% water that helps keep us hydrated during the summers and prevent untoward incidents like heatstroke.
- Summer season having shorter nights and warmer dawns facilitates waking up early and going for walks and exercises which helps to keep the mortal machinery in pristine condition.
- Kids can enjoy various fun activities like swimming, boating, river rafting, kayaking, etc.
- Because of clear skies, summer is the most ideal time to undertake air travel. Many families go for trips during summer to faraway foreign destinations like beaches and islands to spend their vacations and to make everlasting memories to cherish.
- Because of the temperature, Summer season is ideal for flaunting a variety of bright and colourful dresses of our choice. It gives us the freedom of wearing comfortable and loose clothing because of the prevailing temperatures.
- And finally there is nothing more pleasurable than spending lazy summer afternoons sitting on the ground, eyeing the beautiful sunset while gorging on to our favourite ice creams and cold-drinks.
Inconveniences during summer season
summer season is one of the greatest of all seasons and gives us immense avenues of enjoyment. However, just like everything in the world, it too has a few disadvantages.
- Summer season being the warmest of all seasons, brings with it various warm and dry local winds like ‘Loo’ which is extremely harmful for children and adults and can induce sickness and tiredness.
- Because of surging temperatures coupled with the ill effects global warming, surface temperatures often go beyond tolerable crossing over 50 degree centigrade in some parts of India. This causes tremendous inconvenience to people and many even fall victim to sunburn and dehydration. Therefore it is always advisable to smear sunscreen before going out in the sun. Drinking adequate amount of water is also extremely important. We should drink at least 2.5-3 liters of water a day during hot summer.
- Warm temperatures are extremely favorable to pathogens and pests, thus during this period, incidents of infliction of pathogenic diseases are extremely common.
- During the Summer season, snakes and frogs and various other hazardous animals come out of hibernation.
- Because high temperature also favours growth of various bacteria, foods get stale very easily during summer.
- Due to extreme heat, mirage occurs on road and can cause major accidents.
Summer season is my favourite season of all four seasons. It is related to numerous memories of my childhood and each year during summer; all those memories come back to me in a magically nostalgic experience that cannot be described by words.
No tongue in the world has words with the audacity to be able to enumerate those joyous Summer afternoons of playing with friends; those tiring sweaty days that ended with cold sugary drinks; those lazy warm afternoons that made us sit indoors and drool on storybooks; jumping into the cold water pond with friends for bathing; those long evenings of fishing with father and cursing the fishing for not picking the line; all of these experiences is what that has brought this bright sunny season closest to my heart.
Every summer of my life is clearly etched in my memory and each of these passing summers keep me anticipated for the next year.To end, I would use these marvelous words of Neruda which aptly describes summer:
“Green was the silence, wet was the light; the month of June trembled like a butterfly.”
Summer Season Faq’s
1. What measures ought to be taken to remain protected during this Season?
You should drink a great deal of liquids to keep yourself hydrated. Stay inside however much you can. Wear light garments. Eat natural products in bounty and have a fair eating regimen by eating quality food.
2. What exercises would we be able to do throughout the Summer season?
Since it is a break time for the understudies, we can go for a brief excursion to slope stations to get away from the warmth. We can likewise go to the sea shores. Water sports are some outside exercises that we can do. We can learn and encounter new things like artistic creation, swimming, and so forth We can go journeying. We can appreciate wonderful nights with loved ones. We can likewise enjoy indoor exercises during the day when the sun is at top. We can deal with the homeless creatures and birds who are experiencing the most in view of the searing warmth by giving them food and water.