India is a great country, but diverse by some social issues. Many of the issues happen in our country. India has got the many experiences from history. Social issues have majorly taken place in India. Because of the religion India is becoming diverse most of the people follow some religion and some are against them.
There are many social issues in India
In India many of the people are suffering from poverty and day by day it is increasing. In poverty people are surviving for food, cloth and for home as well.
Many of the people in India belong to the poor locality. Because of inflation poverty is increasing.
Poverty is also due to large number of population. In village area people are not aware of sanitation due to lake of water. There is also comparison between people due to castes.
People are illiterate because they cannot afford education. Resources and opportunity are limited and the population is very high because of this there is limited scope of country’s development.
Effects of poverty
People have to depend on others for their survival. They have very less liberty of choice. It can affect the moral of people. It results in extreme stress for people.
How to overcome poverty
- By increasing job opportunities.
- Government should take more steps to overcome poverty.
- Education system should be reformed.
In India there is lot of problem due to illiteracy. People are not enough literate to understand something. Due to lack of literacy, India is undeveloped. It has very complex dimension. Because of illiteracy there is problem of gender imbalance, income balances and technological imbalances.
The Indian government has done many works to spread message about importance of literacy, they have launched many schemes to attract people toward learn and also they have included mid-day meals.
Causes of illiteracy
- Gender inequality.
- Some physical or mental disability.
- Due to problem of unemployment and poverty, children get less opportunity to get educated.
Effects of illiteracy
- Major cause of crime is illiteracy.
- Illiterate people find problems for job.
- They are unaware of benefits of maintaining hygiene.
- Government should take steps to promote education for backward class people.
- Government should take steps for the betterment of children education.
Child marriage is illegal issue of society. India has 2nd highest number of child marriages. In India there are laws concerned to child marriage some people follows them some doesn’t.
The Indian constitution provides laws against child marriage.
Marriage should be considered legal when the boy’s age is 21 and girl’s age is 18 and above. It causes problem to both girl and boy both mentally and physically.
Causes of child marriage are
- Poor economic condition.
- Providing security to girl by marrying them to secured person.
Negative Effects of child marriage
- Girl becomes pregnant at early age, since there bodies are not properly developed.
- It leads to illiteracy and poverty.
- Relationship between couples hampers.
- Education is the only best possible solution to stop child marriage.
- Educated society and person should raise their voice against child marriage.
- Government should take steps against child marriage.
It means employment of children in any work, because of the poverty many children are forced to do this; some are doing it for their survival. In the age of learning they are forced to do labouring. Overpopulation, illiteracy, poverty, debt trap they all are some issues because of which children are forced for child labouring. Children at the age of playing, they do work.
Causes of child labour
Due to lack of money some parents are not able to provide their children proper education, even poor people are not aware of the fact about child labour.
Effects of child labour
- Mental level of children remains small.
- Children get less opportunity to go to school.
- It destroys their childhood.
Solution to child labour
- Providing education to children.
- People who are rich and below poverty line should take steps to replace child labours. It will truly benefit our country.
In India there are many religions, and Indian society is rooted in religious beliefs. Different types of religions are Hindu, Muslims, Jains, Sikhs, and Parsis etc.
Different religions contain different culture.
It is the main root of social issue in India, and the origin of social practices.
Also in these religions caste system is there, Main reason of casteism is due to job assignment according to caste.
Negative effects of caste system are
- Differentiation between people.
- Gap between upper and lower caste people.
Solution of caste system
To aware people about disadvantages of caste system. There should be special classes in school of moral education. With proper education people will get opportunity to work and learn together.
India has made place for itself as one of the growing economies in the world, yet it is losing behind because of the social issues caused in India. People need to look after these problems. In India rich are getting richer and poor ones are getting poorer. To resolve these social issues government should take some steps.