What is West Bengal Minority Scholarship?
This scholarship is for the students of West Bengal who want to excel in studies and continue to a higher level of studies. It is for both colleges and schools. It provides money to students who study in the prestigious institutes like IITs, IISERs, etc. who cannot afford the fees. It enables them to focus more on studies without any worry. Both state and central governments sponsor this scholarship.
Official website: http://wbmdfcscholarship.in/aikya_app/home_app.php
West Bengal Minority Scholarship Eligibility criteria
The candidate must have the domicile certificate of West Bengal.
List of West Bengal minority scholarships
1.Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Scholarship
It is for the students pursuing studies at a higher level or diploma. The selection is based on marks and need.
2. Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship
This is for girls who have passed class 12th and are pursuing graduation. It is to raise awareness for girl child education and women empowerment.
3. West Bengal Post Matric Scholarship SC/ST/OBC
Students studying in class 11th, 12th, graduation or post-graduation can apply for this scholarship.
4. West Bengal Pre-Matric Scholarship SC/ST students.
It is for the students of class 9th and 10th from SC/ST categories giving them financial assistance of up to Rs750 per month.
5. Hindi Scholarship Scheme, West Bengal
It is to promote Hindi among the students from the non-Hindi state. It offers scholarship to students in higher secondary, graduation, and post-graduation courses.
Documents Required for West Bengal Minority Scholarship
- Candidate’s passport size photo
- Domicile certificate
- Parent’s income proof issued by an authority
- Bank account details and aadhar card
- Fee receipt of the current year
- Bank -account proof
- Income Certificate
- Bonafide student certificate
- Self-attested copy of mark sheet of previous year examination.
- The format of documents uploaded is of .pdf, .jpeg format and should not exceed size of 200 kb.