TS ePass Scholarship – Overview
The full form of TS ePass Scholarship is Telangana Electronic Payment and Application System Scholarship. TS ePass Scholarship or Telangana Electronic payment and application system for scholarships is a dedicated portal for the students of Telangana to apply for various scholarship programs within the state. It is also known as ePass Scholarship Telangana. This scholarship program was started by the government of Telangana to provide financial support for the education of the weaker section. The weaker section includes SC, ST, BC, EBC, DW & MW. This facility helps the students of Telangana to fulfill their dream of higher education.
Types of ePass Scholarship
TS ePass Scholarship is divided into two different types based on the education criteria of students in the state:
Pre matric Scholarship:
The government of Telangana provides this scholarship for students who are in Class 10th (SSC) or below and are studying in the schools of Telangana.
Post matric Scholarship:
Through this scholarship, the financial support for studies is given to those above Class 10th.
TS ePass Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
As per the norms of the Scholarship program, students can be categorized into two groups: Eligible & Non-Eligible Candidates.
- Students who are disabled and have a parental income of two lakh or below are eligible.
- Students of SC & ST category having a family income of two lakh or below.
- Students of the EBC & BC category who reside in rural areas and have a family income of one lakh fifty thousand or below.
- Students of the EBC category who are selected under the corporate college admission scheme eligible for Intermediate courses.
- Students of BC & EBC category who are residing in urban areas and have a family income of two lakhs or below.
- Students having 75% attendance at the end of each quarter.
Not Eligible students:
- Students who belong to the category other than SC, ST, BC, EBC, Minority, EW.
- Students of SC & ST category with a family income of more than 2 lakhs.
- BC, EBC & minority and rural area students whose family income is more than one lakh fifty thousand.
- Disabled students whose family income is more than one lakh.
- Students admitted underpaid seats or management quota seats.
- EBC students who are studying at an intermediate level.
TS ePass Scholarship Eligible Courses
The students pursuing various Degree courses or professional courses are grouped separately into different categories:
Post Matric Courses approved by the concerned university or board with a time duration of 1year or more.
Group – 1
Professional Courses (Degree and PG courses in medicine, Engineering, and Technology, Management, Agriculture, Business finance, Business Administration, etc.
Group – 2
Other professional and technical graduates (M.Phil., Ph.D. and post-doctoral research) level courses that are not covered in Group-1.
Group – 3
Degree Courses (not covered in Group – 1&2)
NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology Courses)
Group – 4
Vocational Courses (Intermediate level).
Courses not eligible:
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s course
- Private pilot license courses.
- Courses at the training center of Pre-examination for all India and State levels
List of TS ePass Scholarships
The list of the various Scholarship programs is prepared, keeping in mind the various categories of TS ePass Scholarships applicants. The comprehensive list of TS ePass Scholarships includes:-
|Name of Scholarships||Rewards|
|Telangana pre-matric for SC, ST, OBC & Disabled welfare||Variable monetary awards|
|Telangana post-matric scholarship for SC, ST, BC & Disabled welfare||Up to 100% reimbursement in tuition fees|
|Chief minister overseas scholarship for minorities||Up to Rs.10 Lakh towards living expenses and fees.|
|Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC/EBC overseas vidya Nidhi, Telangana||INR 20 lakhs towards fees and living expenses.|
|Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi for SC, ST students.||Up to 10 lakhs towards living expenses and fees, passage grant, Visa fees.|
Who should apply for TS ePass Scholarship?
The TS ePass Scholarship applicants have to fulfill certain conditions to get the benefit of the Scholarship amount: These conditions include-
- Students belonging to SC, ST category can apply for the scholarship.
- The parental income of the SC, ST category student should not exceed 2 lakh per annum
- Students who are from BC, EBC or disabled category can apply for the TS ePass Scholarship
- The parental income of BC, EBC or disabled category should not exceed 1 Lakh per annum
Dates to apply for TS ePass Scholarship
The registration of the Pre-Matric & Post – Matric Scholarship opens every year in December.
However, the dates for the last three years, i.e., TS ePass Scholarship 2017-18, TS ePass Scholarship 2018 -19, TS ePass Scholarship 2019-20, can be obtained by visiting the official website of Telangana ePass TS.
Documents Required for TS ePass scholarship
The following documents have to be submitted at TS ePass portal, in case of registration:
- Certificate of income must be less than 2 Lakh
- 10th Class marks list
- Caste Certificate
- Study Certificate
- Aadhar card
- Graduation mark sheets
- Seat allotment letter
TS ePass Scholarship Amount
TS ePass Scholarship amount may vary depending upon the gender of the student.
- For Boys: Rs.100 per month for ten months
- For girls: Rs.150 per month for ten months
Apply for TS ePass Scholarship online – Procedure
Students can apply the TS ePass Scholarship 2020 by visiting the Telangana Electronic payment portal online. The further steps are mentioned below:
- Visit the website www.telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in
- The particular page is displayed
- Click on the specific scholarship you wish to apply.
- Now, click on the ‘Registration’ option
- Now, fill all the required information and scanned copies of all the documents.
- Crosscheck all the details before submitting them.
- After submitting it, note down the application no. for future reference.
TS ePass Scholarship Status Check Online
TS ePass application status can be checked online by visiting the dedicated portal.
- Visit the website www.telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in
- Click on the tab, ‘know your application status.’
- Provide the valid information required and click ‘Submit’ to get the ePass.
TS ePass Scholarship TS Contact Information
In case of any difficulty, the applicant may contact TS ePass through the following details:
ePass Project Monitoring Unit,
SPIU, Ground Floor
Damodaram Sanjeevaiah Sankshema Bhavan (DSS Bhavan)
Opp. Chacha Nehru Park
Masad Tank, Hyderabad
E-Mail – email@example.com
Phone no – For technical issues – 040-23390228, for general Issues – 040 -23390228
TS ePass Scholarship FAQ
Q.1 Can a student register for TS ePass scholarship after the deadline is over?
A. No, the student cannot register for the scholarship once the deadline is over. You can only apply if the deadline is extended.
Q.2 Where will the student get the Scholarship amount?
A. The Scholarship amount is directly transferred to the student’s bank account or institute.
Q.3 Is there any provision to change the bank account details on Telangana ePass?
A. Yes, the student can change the bank account details by submitting the original bank documents.
Q.4 Where to find all relevant information of the scholarship
A. In this case, refer to the website of Telangana ePass to get relevant information about the scholarships available.
Q.5 Is it possible to apply for Telangana ePass if I am not a resident of Telangana?
A. No, the TS ePass scholarship is available only for the students of Telangana State.
Q.6 Under what reasons can a scholarship application get rejected?
A. A TS ePass Scholarship application may get rejected due to the following reasons:-
- Incorrect income & caste
- Incorrect year or course of study
- Non-submission of the enclosures required.
- Claiming scholarship more than once for the same level of courses.
- Non – submission of income & caste certificate
Q.7 Is it possible to get the application no. Online, in case it is lost?
A. Yes, the student can get the application no. back by visiting the portal of Telangana ePass Scholarship & clicking on ‘know your application number.’
Q.8 Under what condition does a student gets selected for the scholarship?
A. A student can get selected for TS ePass Scholarship under the following conditions: –
- Securing admission to a college
- Scholarship application submission
- Verification by the principal of the college
- Verification by the verification officer.
Q.9 How can we check the Scholarship status 2020?
A. The TS ePass status can be checked online by visiting the website and selecting the ‘TS ePass status’ box.
Q.10 How to apply for the renewal of the TS ePass scholarship?
A. For renewal purposes, a student can visit the website of Telangana ePass and click on the ‘Renewal Application’ Tab.
Q.11 How do I know the TS ePass Scholarship Renewal 2020-21 last date?
A. The TS ePass Scholarship Renewal 2020-21 the last date can be obtained by visiting the official website of Telangana ePass.
Q.12 What is TS ePass scholarship for Intermediate?
A. TS ePass Scholarship for Intermediate is specifically targeted to those students who are pursuing or have completed their 12th standard.