Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
Swami Vivekananda was one of the great philosopher and social reformer of India. He was the one who introduced Vedanta and Yoga to the western world, and has stressed on different aspects like education, character building, religion, and social issues prevailing in India. Keeping the ideals of Swami Vivekananda in mind about education and to promote education, the Government of West Bengal introduced Swami Vivekananda Scholarship.
What is the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship?
The Swami Vivekananda Scholarship merit cum means is also known as Bishak Bhavan Scholarship.Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Scheme is a great blessing for the students, especially those belonging to economically weaker sections and are meritorious. The government of West Bengal provides scholarships at different levels of higher education at the educational institutions based in West Bengal. The students pursuing their UG ,PG ,M.Phil or Doctorate and K-2 level of degrees get benefited from this scheme. The main aim of this scheme is to encourage studies within a state
Eligibility Criteria For Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2022
The students are selected for the scholarship primarily on the basis of their academic merit.
The general eligibility criteria for the scholarship includes-
- The income of the family should not be more than 2.5 lakh.
- The candidate must be a resident of West Bengal
- The candidate must have secured 75% in the West Bengal qualifying exam
How to apply for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2022?
- In the application procedure, there are three types of application –
- Applicants need to register according to the opted course.
- The applicant needs to go to the official website of the Swami Vivekananda merit cum means Scholarship 2022.
- Candidate needs to register themselves for the Scholarship.
- After registration, the candidate needs to log in and have to fill the form and submit it before the last date.
- Applicants should fill all the details correctly and with the utmost care because filling the incorrect information can lead to rejection.
- After this, the applicant needs to upload the required documents. Then he/she needs to attest the form by the Head of Institution and submit it online.
- The procedure will be considered once the applicant submits the attested form.
Documents required to apply for the scholarship
The list of important documents, required to apply for the Scholarship are as follows-
- Mark sheet of the last exam passed
- SSC admit card
- Aadhar card/ voter card/ ration card
- Income certificate
- Income affidavit
- Bank passbook
- Recent passport size photo
- Institution verification form duly signed and certified by the Head of the Institution
Selection procedure For 2022 – 2023
Firstly after the submission, all the applications in various categories are arranged on the basis of Percentage and family income.
After that list is prepared accordingly on the basis of merit and the scholarship is given to the candidates who fit in the eligibility criteria.
Amount of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
The amount to be received under the scholarship, depends on the courses applied for studying or the one studying currently. The Swami Vivekananda Scholarship amount can vary from Rs 1000 to Rs 5000 per month, depending on the courses.
The details of the amount received for the eligible students is given below.
|Category||Course/Level of study||Amount of Scholarship(INR)|
|Directorate of School Education||Higher Secondary||Rs. 1000 per month|
|Directorate of Madrasah Education||Higher Madrasah||Rs.1000 per month|
|Directorate of Public
|Under Graduation in Arts||Rs.1000 per month|
|Under Graduation in Commerce||Rs.1000 per month|
|Under Graduation in Science||Rs.1,500 per month|
|Undergraduation in other professional courses , approved by UGC||Rs.1,500 per month|
|Post-graduation in Arts||Rs.2000 per month|
|Post-graduation in Commerce||Rs.2000 per month|
|Post-graduation in Science||Rs.2500 per month|
|Technical Education and training||Under Graduation in engineering and post graduation in engineering||Rs.5000 per month|
|Polytechnic||Rs.1500 per month|
|Medical Education||Under Graduation in medical||Rs. 5000 per month|
|Diploma courses||Rs.1500 per month|
Renewal of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2022
The recipient needs to renew the Scholarship form every year, but the process of renewal is applicable to some particular levels and is subjected to decent performance in academics. For the renewal of the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship form from higher secondary to undergraduation or diploma, the minimum of 60%score is required, and in order to avail scholarship at PG level the minimum score should be 50% marks.
The recipient can renew their Scholarship for 2022 by using the following procedure –
- Recipient should visit the official site of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
- Then should click on the link given for renewal of the scholarship for 2022.
- After that, the recipient should login using the ID and password.
- Fill the required details in the form and upload all the documents required like the marksheet of 1st year or 1sem and 2sem marksheets.
- Once you have filled all the details, you can submit the form.
Contact details of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
Higher Education, Science & technology and Biotechnology department
Bikash Bhavan, 6th floor, Salt lake, Kolkata
Other Important Scholarships
- Apj Abdul Kalam Scholarship
- Ashirwad Scholarship
- Bihar Scholarship
- Canara Bank Scholarship
- Colgate Scholarship
- Dr Ambedkar Scholarship
- E District Scholarship
- Epass Karnataka Scholarship
- Fair And Lovely Scholarship
- Florida’s John Mckay Scholarship
- Inspire Scholarship
- Jio Scholarship
- Karnataka Minority Scholarship
- Lic Scholarship
- Maulana Azad Scholarship
- Medhavi Scholarship
- Minority Scholarship
- Moma Scholarship
- Mp Scholarship
- Muslim Minority Scholarship
- Nsp Scholarship
- Oasis Scholarship
- Obc Scholarship
- Odisha Scholarship
- Pfms Scholarship
- Post Matric Scholarship
- Pre Matric Scholarship
- Prerana Scholarship
- Prime Minister Scholarship
- Rajasthan Scholarship
- Santoor Scholarship
- Sitaram Jindal Scholarship
- SSP Scholarship
- Ts Epass Scholarship
- Up Scholarship
- Vidhyasaarathi Scholarship
- Wbmdfc Scholarship
- West Bengal Minority Scholarship