The SSP is the State Scholarship Portal, run by the State Government of Karnataka. The SSP scholarships are available for students from class 1 to PhD level from SC/ST, OBC, minority, and other categories all over India. The scholarships under the SSP Scholarship portal are introduced to provide financial assistance to students.
SSP Scholarship 2022 Highlights
The key highlights of the SSP scholarship Karnataka for students of class 1 to PhD level are tabulated below.
|Name of the Scholarship||SSP Scholarship|
|SSP Scholarship Full Form||State Scholarship Portal|
|Year of the Scholarship||2022|
|Conducted By||State Government of Karnataka|
|Eligibility||Students from Class 1 to PhD Level can Apply|
|Rewards||Up to INR 10,000 Per Annum|
|Last Date of Application||30th April 2022|
|SSP Scholarship Portal||https://ssp.karnataka.gov.in/|
What is the SSP Scholarship 2022?
The Government of Karnataka has launched the State Scholarship Portal for governance. The main aim of the portal is to support the students belonging to the oppressed class and economically weaker sections of society.
The scholarship under this portal is granted for both the pre-matric and post-matric categories. The students pursuing their graduation, post-graduation, and PhD can benefit from this Karnataka state scholarship.
Tabulated below are the various department scholarships in SSP schemes.
|SSP Scholarship Departments||SSP Scholarship Names|
|Social Welfare Department||Post-Matric Scholarship for SC Students|
|Tribal Welfare Department||Post-Matric Scholarship for ST Students|
|Backward Classes Welfare Department||
|Department of Minority Welfare||
|Department of Technical Education||Fee Reimbursement for Engineering and Diploma in Engineering SC/ST Students|
|Department of Medical Education||Fee Reimbursement for Medical SC/ST Students|
|Karnataka State Brahmin Development Board||Post-matric scholarship|
SSP Scholarship Last Date
The students willing to apply for the SSP Karnataka Scholarship, the last date falls under November every year. Students must fill in all the mandatory details and submit the form before the deadline. The last date of the SSP Karnataka scholarship has been extended.
The last dates for SSP scholarships 2022 for different schemes announced by the Karnataka state government are tabulated below.
|SSP Scholarship||Last Date 2022|
|Post-Matric Scholarship||20th April 2022|
|Social Welfare and Tribal Welfare Departments||31st March 2022|
|Backward Classes Welfare Department||20th April 2022|
|Minorities Welfare Department||30th April 2022|
|Karnataka State Brahmin Development Board||20th April 2022|
SSP Scholarship 2022 Benefits
The students belonging to Karnataka State and who satisfy the eligibility criteria are awarded the scholarship amount. The amount awarded under the scholarship is directly transferred into the bank account of the legatee.
Under this scholarship, the student gets the scholarship amount almost equal to the course fee and other expenditures up to Rs.10,000. The benefits that the students avail themselves depend on the different schemes under which the student gets shortlisted.
SSP Scholarship 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for different scholarship schemes available in the SSP Scholarship portal vary. The basic eligibility criteria is students must be from class 1 to PhD level. The eligibility criteria for the Pre and Post Matric Karnataka Government Scholarships are provided below.
Eligibility for Pre Matric Karnataka Government Scholarship 2022
The students eligible to apply for the Pre-matric Karnataka Scholarship can apply online through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) or State Scholarship Portal, Karnataka (SSP), after satisfying the following eligibility criteria.
- The applicant must have cleared the previous year’s exam with at least 50% or above.
- If the applicant wants to benefit from this scholarship, their family’s income should not be more than INR 1 lakh per annum.
- The applicant must belong to the minority community.
- The applicant must be currently studying in classes 1 to 10.
Eligibility for Post Matric Karnataka Government Scholarship 2022
The students eligible to apply for the post-matric scholarship must be the domiciles of Karnataka, and they must satisfy the following eligibility criteria.
- The applicant must be a resident of Karnataka, i.e., they should have the domicile of Karnataka.
- The applicant must belong to SC/ST, OBC, minority, and economically weaker sections from the general category.
- The students applying for the SSC Post-matric scholarship must have cleared the previous year’s exam with a minimum of 50%.
- The family’s income should not be more than INR 2 lakh per annum.
- The applicant must be from class 9 to the PhD level.
SSP Scholarship 2022 Application Process
The SSP application process for all the active scholarships are the same, but the eligibility criteria may differ for various scholarships. SSP scholarship Karnataka application requires students to enter their academic details and eligibility details and submit the necessary documents.
Students can get the detailed steps to apply for the SSP scholarship schemes of Karnataka.
How to Apply for SSP Karnataka Scholarship 2022?
Are students willing to apply for an SSP scholarship worried about the procedure as to how to apply for it? Here are a few simple steps to follow to fill the SSP scholarship form.
Step 1: Visit the official website http://ssp.karnataka.gov.in
Step 2: Select the “Create New Account.”
Step 3: Select the category Pre-matric for students of classes 1 to 10 and post-matric for others.
Step 4: Enter the student’s SAT ID and mobile number.
Step 5: OTP will be generated and sent to the entered mobile number. The students will need to enter the valid OTP and click on the “Submit” button.
Step 6: An account of the applicant will be created, and then the applicant needs to login using a registered username and password.
Step 7: The applicant then needs to fill in all the required details.
Step 8: After filling in all the details, the student needs to take the print of the acknowledgement.
Step 9: The acknowledgement needs to be submitted to the institution before the last date.
SSP Scholarship Login 2022
After the successful creation of the SSP account, students can enter their registered id, mobile number, and password to login to their SSP scholarship account.
Below are the steps to log in to the SSP registered account.
- The applicant once registered on the SSP portal, can log in anytime.
- The student needs to go and click on the login given on the official site.
- Then students need to enter the username and password and click on “log in.”
- Once done this the dashboard of the SSP Karnataka Scholarship gets open.
- The applicant can fill in the required details as per the eligibility.
The applicant belonging to the backward class can apply from the e-pass portal.
How to E-Attest SSP Scholarship Documents?
The applicant willing to apply for the SSP Scholarship Karnataka 2022 should submit the documents, and they should be e-attested before applying for the scholarship. The e-attestation can be done from the link present on the portal for a post-matric scholarship.
- Visit the official website https://ssp.postmatric.karnataka.gov.in/.
- Click on the “E-attestation of Documents for Students.”
- Enter the Aadhar number and name as on the Aadhar card.
- Enter the other details.
- Select the Name of the College, University, Districts, Taluka, etc.
Documents Required for SSP Scholarship 2022
Students applying for the SSP scholarship in Karnataka are required to submit some of the important documents as identification proof. Only the students submitting the mandatory documents are considered eligible for the scholarship selection process. The documents required while applying for the SSP pre and post-matric scholarships are listed in detail.
Documents Required for Pre Matric SSP Scholarship 2022
Students must submit the mandatory documents in the prescribed format as listed below for SSP Pre-matric scholarships.
- Aadhar Card Number of Students and Parent
- Caste Certificate (if eligible)
- Income Certificate
- Bank Account Number Linked with Aadhar Card
- NSP Scholarship ID
- SAT Identification Number of the Student
Documents Required for Post Matric SSP Scholarship 2022
The mandatory documents that a student must submit while applying for the SSP Post-matric scholarships are listed below.
- SAT Identification Number or College Registration Number of Student
- Aadhar Card Number of both Parents and Students
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Physical Disability Certificate Number (If Applicable)
SSP Scholarship 2022 Selection Process
The students eligible for SSP scholarships are selected by the committee of academic scholars of Karnataka. The selected students are offered financial aid. The first preference is offered to deserving students from the SC/ST, OBC, EBC, and minority categories to pursue their education without any financial constraints.
Below are the two major criteria that are considered for the SSP scholarship selection.
- The first criteria considered for selection is the student’s financial condition and their family income from all the sources.
- If two or more students from the same family income apply for the SSP scholarships, the selection committee will consider the older child for an SSP scholarship.
How to Track SSP Scholarship Status 2022?
The student can check the SSP scholarship status of their form by visiting the official site of the SSP Karnataka Scholarship.
- Visit the official website of SSP Karnataka.
- Log in to the student SSP account.
- Click on the “Track Student Scholarship Status” button.
- Students can get to know the status of the application by just entering the SAT number.
SSP Scholarship 2022 Renewal
The student already applied for the SSP scholarship and is willing to renew it needs to follow these simple steps for SSP Scholarship renewal 2022.
- The student needs to visit the official site of the SSP Karnataka.
- Login by entering the username and password.
- Once the applicant has logged in, then he/she needs to click on the Renewal Form link 2022.
- He/she can fill in the required details and can submit the renewal 2022 form.
SSP Scholarship Paid Status 2022
The applicant if wishes to know if the scholarship has been paid to him/her, this can be done by
- Visit the official site of the SSP Karnataka Scholarship.
- Then click on the button “list of Scholarship paid students.”
- The student needs to select the Financial year, Department, District, and Taluka to see the status.
SSP Scholarship 2022 Contact Details
The helpline numbers for various categories for SSP Karnataka Scholarship are as follows.
|Social Welfare Department||9008400010/9008400078|
|Scheduled Tribes Welfare Department||080-22261789|
|Minorities Welfare Department||080-22535931|
|Backward Classes Welfare Department||080-22374836/8050770005|
Class-wise Scholarships Students Maybe Interested in!