Overview of Scholarships for PG students
Both Government and private organizations offer post-graduate scholarships to needy students. It is for students who want to pursue their education but cannot afford the funds. Most of these students might be very talented in some fields but usually fail to fulfill the dreams they have towards their higher education, which is very expensive. Some students leave their studies halfway, and they too can apply for the scholarships. The post-graduate scholarships sort the financial constraints by the provision of tuition fees, monthly allowances, grants, and a stipend to the students. The PG scholarships provide deadline dates for application, and fore deals offered requirements and the procedure of applying for the awards.
In this article, you will come to know all it entails to get a PG scholarship and the criteria involved, like the performance of the scholarship test and your previous exam mark.
List of Government-sponsored scholarships for PG students
- Post Matric Scholarship for Minorities open between September and October.
- Merit Cum Means Scholarship for technical courses and Professional (minorities) open between September and October.
- Scholarship for Top Class Education for students with disabilities opens in October.
- National Fellowship and Scholarship for the Higher Education of ST students open in October.
- AICTE post-Graduate Scholarship open in October
- Khorana program for scholars opens in October.
- S.N Bose Scholars program open in October
- Chief Minister’s urban leaders fellowship open from October to November
- Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship in November
- Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for the single girl child in November
- Post-graduate Merit scholarship for professional courses for ST open in November
- Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Shikshan Shulk Shishyavrutti Yojna learning accessible in December
- Suvarna Jubilee Merit scholarship, Kerala scholarship open from July to august
- Technical education scholarships for PG engineering courses, Himachal Pradesh, open in December
- SERB Ramanujan Fellowships scholarships begin in December
- National Overseas Award for ST open from November to December
- INSPIRE Fellowship Scholarship starts from September to October.
- Bhindi Bhashik Scholarship, Maharashtra open in December
- Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation Fellowship scholarships open in December
The periods provided for the application are not permanent and can change with a decision by the scholarship provider.
Types of scholarships for PG students
Community service scholarships
Community service scholarships are greater opportunities if you like giving back to the community. If you perform many community service work, then this scholarship is right for you.
The award is for fun and gives an excellent opportunity to be creative and get money while sponsored. Private companies sponsor unique scholarships. For example, scholarships for left-handed students and dressmaking creativity.
Scholarship for women
The award is specifically for women. After the men dominated the colleges for many years, scholarships developed to sponsor strong women and career-minded women who need to pursue their dreams.
For the artistic youths, you can apply these scholarships to help you continue your passion. It involves music scholarships, dance scholarships, art scholarships where auditions carried out to enable you to get a chance.
For students with strong physical skills can apply for athletic scholarships. It is a scholarship for every single sport like basketball, football, hockey, and physical flexibility.
Academic scholarships are merit scholarships. It usually has a level set for you to be able to contest in it. The scholarships have higher payouts and being national awards; they are always prestigious.
Scholarships for minorities
The scholarship caters to a particular ethnic group of people. You can apply for this scholarship and get to represent your culture and win awards.
Each scholarship requires specific eligibility criteria completed. We have shared the eligibility criteria of various scholarships for PG students.
1. Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical courses for Minorities
- You must have studied a graduate-level course of technical and management from a recognized institution
- You must have taken admission after having passed an entrance exam with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Annual family income should not exceed INR 2 lakhs from all sources
- You must belong to Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhism, Jain, and Parsi minority communities.
2. Post-Matric scholarships
- Acquired minimum of 50% marks in the previous exams
3. Scholarship for Top Class Education for students with disabilities
- Must be studying from a recognized institution
- Should be having more than 40% disability and a certificate proof for it.
- Annual family income must be less than INR 6 lakhs.
4. National Fellowship and Scholarship for the Higher Education of ST students
- You must have secured a post-graduate degree and admitted for a full time course from an institute notified by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- You must meet the norms of the ICAR/UGC senior research fellowship.
5. AICTE post-graduate scholarship
- Must have qualified GPAT/GATE with good marks.
- You must be having general savings account in the bank.
6. Khorana Program for scholars
- You must be pursuing a course in agriculture, health, food, and biotechnology from a recognized institution in India.
- You must be in a pre-final year of the master’s program.
- You must have scored a minimum of 80% on CGPA.
Rewards and benefits
|1||Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses for Minorities||
|2||Post Matric scholarship||
|3||Award for Top Class Education for students with disabilities||
|4||National Fellowship and Scholarship for the Higher Education of ST students||
|5||AICTE Post-Graduate scholarship||
Last date of each scholarship mentioned above
|Scholarship name||Last date|
|Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses for minorities||15th November 2019|
|Post-Matric scholarships||15th November 2019|
|Award for Top Class Education for Students with disabilities||15th November 2019|
|National Fellowship and Learning for the Higher Education of ST students||31st October 2019|
|AICTE Post-Graduate scholarship||30th September 2020|
How to apply for the scholarship?
The applications can be made online through the official website of the government department or the private companies offering the scholarships. Standard application websites are;
- The National Scholarship Portal,
- Indo-US Science and Technology Forum,
- Delhi CM Urban leaders Fellowship portal,
- Kerala government, Department of Collegiate education portal.
Scholarship renewal steps
For you to be able to renew your scholarship opportunity
- You must maintain a cumulative pass mark, as stated. i.e., a GPA of 3.0 at Indian university
- You should remain a full-time enrolled degree as a student.
- A scholarship renewal form is downloaded, filled, and submitted together with the current transcripts showing the grades and a copy of the fallen semester bill or the class schedule.
Other Class Standard Scholarships
- Scholarship for Class 1 Students
- Scholarship for Class 2 Students
- Scholarship for Class 3 Students
- Scholarship for Class 4 Students
- Scholarship for Class 5 Students
- Scholarship for Class 6 Students
- Scholarship for Class 7 Students
- Scholarship for Class 8 Students
- Scholarship for Class 9 Students
- Scholarship for Class 10 Students
- Scholarship for Class 11 Students
- Scholarship for Class 12 Students
- Scholarship for UG Students
- Scholarship for Phd Students
Other Scholarships you Might be Interested In:
- Apj Abdul Kalam Scholarship 2021
- Ashirwad Scholarship 2021
- Bihar Scholarship 2021
- Canara Bank Scholarship 2021
- Colgate Scholarship 2021
- Dr Ambedkar Scholarship 2021
- E District Scholarship 2021
- Epass Karnataka Scholarship 2021
- Fair And Lovely Scholarship 2021
- Floridas John Mckay Scholarship 2021
- Inspire Scholarship 2021
- Jio Scholarship 2021
- Karnataka Minority Scholarship 2021
- Lic Scholarship 2021
- Maulana Azad Scholarship 2021
- Medhavi Scholarship 2021
- Minority Scholarship 2021
- Moma Scholarship 2021
- Mp Scholarship 2021
- Muslim Minority Scholarship 2021
- Nsp Scholarship 2021
- Oasis Scholarship 2021
- Obc Scholarship 2021
- Odisha Scholarship 2021
- Pfms Scholarship 2021
- Post Matric Scholarship 2021
- Pre Matric Scholarship 2021
- Prerana Scholarship 2021
- Prime Minister Scholarship 2021
- Rajasthan Scholarship 2021
- Santoor Scholarship 2021
- Sitaram Jindal Scholarship 2021
- Ssp Scholarship 2021
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2021
- Ts Epass Scholarship 2021
- Up Scholarship 2021
- Vidhyasaarathi Scholarship 2021
- Wbmdfc Scholarship 2021
- West Bengal Minority Scholarship 2021