PM Scholarship or Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) is a scheme aimed at promoting higher professional and technical studies for Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles (CAPFs & AR) based wards and widows and state police personnel. This scheme was initiated in 2006-07 and is run by the Welfare and Rehabilitation Board, Home Affairs Ministry, Government of India. This scheme has influenced students’ lakhs by far and has helped many of them easily follow their dream careers. Recently, the Government of India (GOI) implemented significant changes to the scholarship by revising the amount of the scholarship incentive for girls from Rs.2,250 to Rs.3,000 per month, and for boys from Rs.2,000 to Rs.2,500 per month. In addition, 500 new scholarships will also be given towards officials of the State Police who have been martyred in terror or Naxal attacks. Under the PM Modi Scholarship Program, Narendra Modi is giving 25000 Rs of scholarship to 10th or 12th Pass holders. PM Scholarship Scheme is Rs. 25000 for 12th Pass graduates.
PM scholarship Dates
After the candidate has an overview of the PM Scholarship. Let us get through the important dates for this scheme, where the candidate will be told of the filing date of the application form along with the last date. The verification of the dates of the document and also when the balance of the scholarship will be released to the students on their bank accounts. The list given here in the table contains the schedule information relating to the Scholarship Scheme for Prime Ministers. While the fresh applications are accepted within a defined time limit, the application renewal can be accomplished year-round.
|Online registration||July 2020|
|Last Date||15 December 2020|
|Last date of verification of applicants||31 December 2020|
|Last date of verification of institute||31 December 2020|
|Verification by CAPFs &AR||1 January-15 January 2021|
|Merit list||16 January-26 January 2021|
|Sanctioning by R&W Directorate, MHA||27 January-5 February 2021|
|Payment||6 February-15 February 2021|
|Disbursement of scholarship||16 February-28 February 2021|
|Dispatch of letters||15 march 2021|
PM Scholarship Eligibility criteria
Review the eligibility requirements for applicants who would like to buy the PM scholarship. If the candidate fails to meet the requirements, they will not be able to fill out the application form or earn the incentive for the scholarship. Only those who fulfill the requirements are compensated with the number and benefits of the scholarship.
- Candidates should be a former dependent ward/widow of deceased CAPFs & AR/ Ex-CAPFs & AR/ working CAPFs & AR/ State Police Personnel.
- Candidates will seek advanced training courses. (Lateral entry and integrated courses not applicable).
- Class 12 / diploma/graduation should be the minimum education qualification to apply for these courses.
- Candidates in the minimum educational level should have earned marks or above of at least 60 percent. (Candidates must receive at least 50 percent marks in the qualifying test for renewal in subsequent years).
- The scholarship scheme will also protect wards of State Police officials who are/were martyred during Naxal / terror attacks, according to the latest decision taken by the Government of India. The State Police officers wards will receive a total of Rs.500 scholarships in a year.
- Civilian wards like Para-Military personnel are NOT Exempt.
List of Eligible Course
|S.No.||Course Name and Duration|
|3||BArch ( 4-5 yr)|
|S. No.||Course Name and Duration|
|2||BDS (5 yr)|
|3||BAMS (4.5 yr)|
|6||BUMS ( 5yr)|
|9||BVSc & AH (5yr)|
|10||B. Pharma ( 4years)|
|11||BSc Nursing (4yr)|
|13||Doctor of Pharmacy (4yr)|
|14||BSc optometry (3 yr)|
|15||Bachelor of Occupational Therapy(4.5 yr)|
PM scholarship Application Procedure
Now let’s see how to apply for a PM Stipend. The application form filling method. For this scheme, candidates can apply via online mode (PM Scholarship 2020 Application Form). Candidates are expected to apply for the academic year 2020-21 through the National Scholarship Portal. Now let us see step by step how to apply for the application form for pm scholarship 2019-20.
- Visit NSP’s official website @ https:/stipends.gov.in/.
- Click on the link under “New Registration.”
- Carefully read the application guidelines, and click Continue.
- Complete all the details required and click “Register.”
- User Id and password will be generated on your mobile number after you get registered.
Login with User Id and Password
- PM Scholarship Sign in to the portal using your registered mobile number with the application I d and password provided.
- For a successful login, an OTP is generated on your registered mobile number.
- Check the OTP, and change your password.
- When signed in (PM Scholarship login), fill out the application form to qualify for a scholarship.
- Upload a scanned copy of all documents supporting it.
- Finally, to send a submission.
Requirements for PM scholarship
After the applicant has completed the application process, they will be further informed of the required documents that candidates must send to apply for the Scheme for Prime Minister Scholarship 2020. Candidates will send scanned copies of all the supporting documentation after the application has been filled out. Check the list of all supporting documents to send during application for a PM scholarship
- Serving certificate (in the case of serving personnel) issued by HOO
- Certificate provided by the State Government concerned suggesting that State Police personnel have been killed in Naxal / Terror attacks
- Certificate of Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) as applicable – Class 12th mark sheet, Graduation mark sheet (for all years) or diploma mark sheet (for all semesters)
- PPO / Discharge certificate
- Death Certificate (Applicable for deceased personnel)
- Disability Certificate (Applicable for disabled personnel)
- Certificate of Gallantry Award (Applicable for Gallantry Award winners)
PM scholarship Rewards
- The sum of which candidate will earn under the Scholarship Scheme for the Prime Minister and how many years the scholarships will be disbursed is the required information that a candidate will learn about.
- Each year a total of 5,500 qualifying candidates earn benefit under this scheme. And those scholarships are allocated equally between boys and girls, i.e., 2750 each.
- Besides, Rs.3000 per month is the amount of scholarship offered to girls and Rs.2500 per month to boys every year.
- Also, the length of the scholarship can vary from one year to five years, depending on the period of your course.
PM scholarship Selection Criteria
Some details are discussed about the requirements that are considered when shortlisting candidates for PM scholarship and the authorities responsible for the final selection of students. The ministry of home affairs is entirely responsible for the end-to-end operation and disbursement of the program. But students are given preference in the following sequence:
Category A: First preference is given to CAPFs & AR personnel wards and widows who have been killed in action.
Category B: The second preference is given to the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR staff who have had a disability in action.
Class C: The third priority is granted towards widows of deceased CAPFs & AR employees who died for reasons unrelated to government service during their tenure.
Category D: The next preference is given towards ex-CAPFs & AR staff with disabilities attributable to government service during their service.
Class E: The wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel who have won gallantry awards are also given priority.
Class F: Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR staff (PBOR only) are given the next choice.
Class G: Eventually, the wards of working CAPFs & AR staff (PBOR) will be given priority according to the availability of the scholarship.
Note: Priority will also be given to the dependents wards of State Police Personnel who died during Naxal / Terror attacks.
PM scholarship Renewal
Let us know about the application process for candidates who would like to renew their scholarships. Although the chosen students will earn the compensation of the first installment of the PM scholarship as soon as the merit list is announced, the corresponding payments are only available if the scholars apply at the end of each academic year for the renewal of the scholarship. The applicant may also apply for the renewal via online mode, just like the new application. While applying for the renewal application, an applicant must meet certain requirements which include:
- In each semester or academic year, candidates will receive at least 50 percent marks.
- Candidates must pass all the subjects in one single attempt in each year/semester
- .Candidates can apply for renewal within one year of the merit list declaration, and applications can be made throughout the year but not between January to April.
Minimum Qualification in Education (MEQ) is 10 + 2. However, in all cases, 1st year and 2nd year (all semesters) where 1st course is non-professional when applying students need to upload 10 + 2 mark sheets. There are two types of Integrated (dual) courses that are discussed below:
- Integrated (dual) courses for both the professional/technical courses, such as BE+ME, B. Tech+M. Tech, BBA+MBA, etc. In these instances, a scholarship can only be awarded on the first qualified degree.
- Integrated courses (dual degree) with a first degree as academic (non-professional) and second degree as professional/technical, e.g., BA + LLB, B. Com + LLB, B. Sc.+B. Ed. In these situations, students would be paying for the professional part of the course, not the non-professional/academic portion of the course.
- A student taking Hybrid Courses where one degree is technical and another degree are non-professional, only the technical component of the dual degree course would be awarded a scholarship and not the academic component of that course.
- The same is illustrated by an example as given below –
- When 1st degree is non-professional, and 2nd degree is technical, students must have completed their previous two years of non-professional courses without fail in these cases when pursuing PM scholarship from the third year onward.
- Repeat / RA / failure will render students unable to apply for a scholarship. In the first attempt and within the specified time frame from the date of admission, a student should clear all 1st & 2nd-year subjects. Otherwise, he/she will not be considered for the award of the scholarship, and the application will be refused.
Instructions for students for PM scholarship
Students are asked to respond in time as per SMS / email received from the Kendriya Sainik Board.
- Email and Mobile Number must be of the student listed in the application. Alternate Mobile Number may be ESM. When licensed, email and mobile number cannot be changed as all messages are sent to the licensed email / mobile number
- If reports obtained from ZSB / RSB and KSB are not corrected within the stipulated 10-day time period, the application will be automatically rejected by the program during the review of the new application. So make sure the observation is rectified in time to avoid the application being rejected by the system.
- KSB reviews choose and prepare the merit list of a new applicant (1st-year students) from January to May. Renewal applications are processed and charged as and when KSB receives them during the year EXCEPT for January through to May. Student / ESM should bear in mind the periodicity of application checking (new and renewal) before raising any question concerning the status of application checking/payment.
- To check the application’s status, student/ESM should log in to the KSB account. It should be noted while the application status is pending to the student dashboard, but on the ground, at KSB, the application is in the process at various levels/functionaries.
- Neither students studying abroad nor distance learning courses are eligible for PM scholarship.