What is the Prerana Scholarship?
Prerana Scholarship is a Post matric Scholarship scheme. It is also a network automation scheme. It was developed by Minorities, SC & ST and other backward classes welfare department which is under the government of Odisha. It aims at providing a smooth flow of scholarship funds directly to the bank accounts of the students. Students of various categories SC/ST/OBC/SEBC/EBC can avail of the benefit of the scheme. It is offered to assist students in fulfilling their dream to pursue higher education or post matriculation courses.
The scholarship focuses on making the application process as easy as possible, and the flow of scholarship funds as fast as possible. The prerana Scholarship portal releases the notification every year where thousands or even lakhs of students apply to avail the scholarship amount.
Some of the special features of prerana Scholarship are discussed below:-
- The application can be submitted by the students online at any time during the day.
- At every stage of passing the application, the student gets notified.
- A facility of Barcode is also attached, which allows the officials to filter out the fake applications.
- A facility of application tracking is also provided for the students.
- The auto-transfer of funds is done directly to the student’s account.
Prerana Scholarship Odisha 2022
Prerana Scholarship Odisha will be as beneficial to the students as it has been claimed for the last many years. The scholarship will provide most of the same facilities as it has given for years, but in case of any changes, students may refer to www.mpsc.mp.nic.in
Prerana Scholarship Important Dates and Last date
|Events||Domicile of Odisha||Non-Domicile of Odisha|
|Start date of Scholarship Application||4/09/2020||04/09/2020|
|Last date of Scholarship Application||30/11/2020||30/11/2020|
|Last date to submit an online printed version of the application to institutes||15/11/2020||20/11/2020|
|Last date of forwarding of online Applications by Institutes||15/12/2020||30/12/2020|
|Deadlines for submitting photocopies of the applications.||30/12/2020||15/12/2020|
|Last date for online submission of Application||31/12/2020||10/01/2020|
Prerana Scholarship Eligibility Criteria 2022
- The students who wish to avail the scholarship amount should be a domicile of Odisha.
- He/she should belong to SC/ST/OBC/SEBE/EBC or minority category.
- However, students belonging to a general category can also apply under EBC (economically weaker section)
- EBC students can only be benefited if they pursue higher education in government institutes.
- This should be noted that the family income of EBC must not be more than 1 lakh.
- The family income of SC/ST must not exceed 2.5 Lakhs
- The Family Income of OBC/SEBC must not exceed 1 Lakh
- The students who wish to avail of the benefit must be studying in a well-recognized government or private institute.
Prerana Scholarship Schemes
|Scholarship name||Period of application||Scholarship amount|
|Post Matric Scholarship For ST||August – September||Amount of tuition fees, course fees, library fees, and sports allowance. Maintenance allowance of up to INR 1200 for hostellers and INR 550 for day scholars.|
|Post Matric Scholarship for SC||August – September||Amount of tuition fees, Course Fees, and sports allowance. Maintenance allowance of up to INR 1200 for hostellers and INR 550 for day scholars.|
|Post Matric Scholarship for OBC/SEBC||August – October||Amount of tuition fees, Course Fees, and sports allowance. Maintenance allowance of up to INR 750|
|Post matric Scholarship For EBC||August – October||Amount of tuition fees, Course Fees, and sports allowance. Maintenance allowance of up to INR 350 for day scholars and INR 750 for hostellers.|
Prerana Scholarship Application Procedure 2022
- Interested candidates need to visit the Prerana scholarship official portal
- On the top right corner, click on the login tab.
- Registered users can simply log in with their user id and password.
- If the candidate is not registered, select the ‘new students register’ option.
- Carefully read the instructions to complete the application process.
- Fill the information like personal & educational details and bank account no.
- As the information is filled, click on the Submit button.
- Take a copy of the same and submit the Barcode at the institute.
Documents required for Prerana Scholarship 2022
All the documents required for Prerana Scholarship have to be scanned and submitted with the application. The following documents are required:
- Family Income Certificate
- Odisha Bonafide Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Two passport size photos
- Copy of Aadhar and enrollment slip.
- Student mark sheets.
- The first page of the student account passbook.
Prerana Scholarship Benefits
Prerana is a financial supporter tool by the government for the students to fulfill their education dream. It provides up to 100% fees for general courses. For group-wise benefits, refer to the following table:
|Group 1||Rs.550(SC/ST) & RS.350(OBC)||Rs.1200(SC/ST) & Rs.750(OBC)|
|Group 2||Rs.530(SC/ST) & Rs.350(OBC)||Rs.1000(SC/ST) & Rs.510(OBC)|
|Group 3||Rs.300(SC/ST) & Rs.210(OBC)||Rs.1000(SC/ST) & Rs.400(OBC)|
|Group 4||Rs.230(SC/ST) & Rs.160(OBC)||Rs.1000(SC/ST) & Rs.260(OBC)|
Prerana Scholarship Sanctioned List
The Odisha State has declared the Prerana Scholarship Sectioned list 2020.
Prerana Scholarship FAQs
What is the last date of submitting the duly filled application form?
Refer to the ‘Announcement’ box on the homepage.
Is it possible to fill up the online form by just registering?
No, registering is not possible just by entering the necessary details.
Can the information be changed after it is filled?
Yes, the details can be changed multiple no. of times till it is not locked and sent to the institute.
What are the details to be filled up in the enrolment section of the application form?
The details are – Roll no, date of birth, and year of applying.
How can I forward the application to the concerned institute?
As soon as the application form is completed, press the ‘Lock & Send button.’
Should I apply again in the case of Scholarship Renewal?
This will be done on the Institute level.
I haven’t availed of the benefit first year in the course. How can I apply?
Online fresh application submission is possible for only 1st-year students.
What happens in case of mistakes detected even after forwarding the application to the institute?
The information should be given separately to the nodal officer of the institute.
How can those entries be edited, which are not editable at the institute level?
In this case, we have to reject your application temporarily.
What should be done if the institute name not found in the drop-down menu?
Contact District Wealth Officer (DWO).
Other Important Scholarships
- Apj Abdul Kalam Scholarship
- Ashirwad Scholarship
- Bihar Scholarship
- Canara Bank Scholarship
- Colgate Scholarship
- Dr Ambedkar Scholarship
- E District Scholarship
- Epass Karnataka Scholarship
- Fair And Lovely Scholarship
- Florida’s John Mckay Scholarship
- Inspire Scholarship
- Jio Scholarship
- Karnataka Minority Scholarship
- Lic Scholarship
- Maulana Azad Scholarship
- Medhavi Scholarship
- Minority Scholarship
- Moma Scholarship
- Mp Scholarship
- Muslim Minority Scholarship
- Nsp Scholarship
- Oasis Scholarship
- Obc Scholarship
- Odisha Scholarship
- Pfms Scholarship
- Post Matric Scholarship
- Pre Matric Scholarship
- Prime Minister Scholarship
- Rajasthan Scholarship
- Santoor Scholarship
- Sitaram Jindal Scholarship
- Ssp Scholarship
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
- Ts Epass Scholarship
- Up Scholarship
- Vidhyasaarathi Scholarship
- Wbmdfc Scholarship
- West Bengal Minority Scholarship