Ministry of Minority Affairs Scholarship
The full form of MOMA Scholarship is Ministry of Minority Affairs Scholarship Under the Prime Minister’s initiative, MOMA ( Ministry of Minority Affairs) is the scheme of Government of India to help the minority communities students of India. MOMA Scholarship provides financial assistance to the students belonging to Minority sections of the society who are economically weaker. These Minority sections of the society include communities like Sikh, Parsi, Christian, and Buddhist. The aim of this scheme is to help students to study who can have a bright future but are unable to pursue studies due to poverty. This scheme of Government is helping a lot many students to pursue a higher degree, who were unable to study because of poverty. Every year 20,000 students are able to get the benefit of this scheme and are able to continue their studies. This scheme of Government of India is playing a vital role in the life of those students who are talented and hardworking, and willing to study to make their dreams come true. This initiative is a step of the Government of India to help the students to live their dreams.
Aspects of MOMA Scholarship
- The states having high Minority population can avail the benefit of Minority Scholarship
- The scheme is available only for those studying in India.
- According to the Government of India, the MOMA Scholarship is divided into different sections and the criteria for each section varies accordingly. The three sections of the scholarship are-
- Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities
- Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities
- Meet Cum Means Scholarship for professional and technical courses.
- Those willing to apply for this scholarship cannot apply for other scholarship for SC/ST/OBC/Minority.
Who can apply for Minority Scholarship 2020?
In 2006 the Prime Minister announced a programme for the Welfare of Minorities. The scheme was for the meritorious students belonging to the minority communities. The scheme was introduced with an aim to encourage both parents and students so that the government can provide financial assistance to them and students can complete their studies without any problem.
- The pre-matric scholarship is awarded to the students from class I to Class X, studying in India, be it a private school or Government school.
- The post-matric scholarship is awarded by the government to the students pursuing their higher secondary education from government or private schools in India. This scholarship can also be availed by the students studying, technical and vocational courses in industrial training institute or industrial training centres, affiliated with National Council for vocational training, it also includes Polytechnic.
- Merit cum means based scholarship is for those students who want to pursue studies in Technical and professional courses at the undergraduate or post-graduation level in India. Scholarships are offered to the courses mentioned. The list of the courses offered under MCM can be checked at appendix E.
Conditions for Allocation of MOMA Scholarship
- Minimum 30% of the scholarship is reserved for girls belonging to the minority community.
- If there is non-availability of all students then the scholarship is transferable to male students.
- If the number of targeted scholarships are not fulfilled in a state or a union territory then, it can be distributed to other states or union territories, but among the same minority community.
- The student will be entitled to a scholarship under the Quota of particular state or union territory where the student is residing.
These conditions of allocation are available for all the students, applying for any of the scholarships, be it pre Matric post-matric, post-matric scholarship, or merit cum means based scholarship.
MOMA Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Pre matric scholarship for minority 2020
- The student wants to apply for pre-Matric Scholarship minority should be studying in class 1 to 10
- The income of the family should not be more than rupees 100000
- For the students whose age is less than 18 years, should have the certified community certificate of parents.
- The student must have secured at least 50% marks in the previous year exam.
Post Matric Minority Scholarship 2020
- The student who wants to avail the post-matric scholarship must be studying in class 11th or 12th or have taken admission in technical or vocational courses, including Polytechnic, ITI, etc.
- The students should have secured a minimum of 50% marks In the previous year exam
- The family income of the student should not be more than 200000 rupees if willing to apply for a post-matric scholarship.
- Student if attained the age of 18 years should have issued a certified community certificate.
Merit come means Scholarship 2020
- The scholarship is available for those who are willing to pursue their studies in technical or professional courses but have cleared the competitive exam to take the admission.
- The student should have a community certificate if attained 18 years and the certificate should be self-certified.
- The income of the family should not be more than rupees 2.50 lakhs.
MOMA Awards Amount
The students who are willing to apply for MOMA scholarship, get awards according to the courses and as decided by the government.
Pre matric awards 2019-20
- Those studying in class 6th to 10th will be awarded rupees 500 per annum of admission fee, this is applicable for both the hostellers and day Scholars
- The tuition fee for class 6th to 10th will be rupees 350 per annum for both hostellers and day scholars.
- The maintenance alarms of rupees 600 per month will be given to the asteroid and rupees hundred per month to day scholars for class 6 to 10 students.
- Student studying in class 1 alto 5 will be awarded maintenance allowance of rupees hundred per month for day scholars.
This amount will be awarded to the students for 10 months in an academic year.
Post Matric Awards
- The students will be awarded an amount of rupees 7,000 per annum for admission and tuition fees for class 11th and 12th. This is applicable for both the hostellers and day scholars.
- For those students pursuing admission in technical and vocational courses of class 11th and 12th, the admission and tuition fee of rupees 10,000 per annum will be awarded. This will be for both hostellers and the day Scholars.
- Maintenance allowance of rupees 380 per month will be awarded to hostellers and of Rs 230 per month to day scholars for class 11th and 12th and Technical and vocational courses students.
- The students pursuing UG and PG degree will be awarded admission and tuition fee of Rs3000 per annum for both hostellers and day scholar.
- The maintenance allowance Rs 570 per month for hostellers and rupees 300 per month for day Scholars will be awarded to the students pursuing technical and professional UG and PG courses.
- The students pursuing Phil and PhD courses will be awarded maintenance Allowance of rupees 1200 per month hostellers and rupees 550 per month to the day scholars.
This award will be given to the students for only 10 months in an academic year.
Merit Cum Means Based Scholarship
- The students will be awarded a scholarship for the entire academic course which may be approximately rupees 20,000 per annum for both hostellers and day scholars
- the full course fee will be paid back for 85 listed institutes
- the maintenance allowance will be given once for the whole year the amount is almost rupees 10000 for the hostellers and rupees 5000 for day scholars, which is approximately Rs 1000 per month and Rs 500 respectively.
How to apply for MOMA scholarship 2020?
Those willing to apply for MOMA minority scholarship and meet the eligibility criteria can apply for the Scholarship through the National Scholarship Portal.
You just need to follow these simple steps to fill the application form for MOMA Minority Scholarship 2020
- If you are a fresher, then you first need to register yourself as a new user on NSP by giving correct information.
- The applicant then needs to fill the required details like name, email ID, date of birth, and mobile number.
- The student’s application ID is generated on the basis of its domicile state. This application ID can be further used by the student as a login ID for reference in future.
- The students needs to select the category for which he/she is willing to apply for a scholarship.
- After registration, an OTP is generated which can be used by the student to log in and fill the scholarship form.
- The student while filling the application form needs to fill the details like educational qualification, aadhar number, bank details, etc.
- The student then needs to upload all the necessary documents to complete the application and submit it.
The student willing to apply for the Minority Scholarship 2020 can go and register itself on the official website of National Scholarship Portal.
How to fill the Bank Details?
- The student needs to select the name of the can’t from the given list
- The student then carefully needs to fill the account number and IFS code.
- The student needs to do the KYC (know Your Customer) for successful disbursal of scholarship amount.
- The account should be on the name of the student.
Documents Required for MOMA Scholarship
Those willing to apply for MOMA 2020 Scholarship need to have all the following documents to take the benefit of the Scholarship.
Pre matric Minority Scholarship
- Students passport size photo
- Income certificate of parents
- Community Certificate
- Self-attested document of previous year exam
- Bank details
- Aadhar Card
- Domicile Certificate
Post-Matric Minority Scholarship
- Students passport size photo
- Income certificate
- Self-attested Community certificate
- Self-attested mark sheet of the previous educational year
- Current year’s fee receipt
- Aadhar card
The documents are needed to be uploaded online only if the amount of scholarship is more than Rs 50,000.
Merit Cum Means Based Scholarship
- Passport size photo of the student
- Income certificate
- Self-attested community certificate
- Self-attested previous year mark sheet
- Current course fee receipt.
- Bank details
- Aadhar Card
Selection procedure for MOMA 2020
Pre matric scholarship 2020
The students in this category are selected on the basis of their economic background. If there are two students with the same financial condition then their selection is done be seeing age. The one who is older gets the preference.
Post Matric Scholarship 2020
The students are selected on the basis of their family income. If two students have the same financial status then the preference is given to the older one.
Merit Cum Means Based Minority Scholarship 2020
The students here are selected on the basis of merit, by seeing the percentage of previous year exam. When it comes to statewise allocation the preference is given to those in the merit list of list institutions.
Renewal of MOMA Scholarship 2020
The student if willing to apply for the renewal of the MOMA scholarship form, then he needs to submit the previous year mark sheet as proof that he /she has scored 50% marks.
The process of renewal is only possible if the student is pursuing the same course from the same institution.
How to check the application status?
Those who have filled the application form and are willing to know the status of their application form can check the status by visiting the official site. The student should log in using the login ID and password and can check the status of their application.
Terms and Conditions of Minority Scholarship
Those willing to apply for MOMA scholarship and wants to know about it, here are few terms and conditions. If the student fails to follow these terms and conditions then he will not be able to take the benefit of the scholarship.
- When it comes to apply and take the benefit of the scholarship, only two students from one family can take the benefit of this Scholarship. The minority scholarship will be awarded only to 2students from a family.
- Under this Scholarship, Government of India provides 30% of Scholarship to the girl students.
- The student if fails to maintain proper discipline and if he/she violates the rules, in that case, the scholarship may be cancelled by the school.
- If the student fails to maintain the regular attendance, this can also lead to cancellation of scholarship.
- In case the student is found generating a false statement, the scholarship of the student may get cancelled in that case.
Last date of MOMA Scholarship 2019 -20
Those willing to apply for the MOMA Scholarship should fill the form before 15 November 2019.
Important Dates of MOMA Scholarship
|Scheme||Last date||Defective Date||Instant verification|
|Pre Matric scholarship scheme for Minority||15/11/2019||10/12 /2019||10/12 /2019|
|Post Matric Scholarship Scheme For Minority||15/11/2019||10/12 /2019||10/12 /2019|
|Merit cum means based scholarship for professional and technical courses CS||15/11/2019||10/12 /2019||10/12 /2019|
For other updates keep visiting the official website of National Scholarship Portal https://scholarships.gov.in
Contact Number: 1800112001.
Address: Ministry of Minority Affairs, 11th Floor, Paryavaran Bhawan, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003.