What is a Minority Scholarship?
Minority scholarships are conferred to the students of the economically weaker sections of the minority communities to help them in pursuing their higher studies. It is given to Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis, and Jains. The state government or Union Territory Administration sponsors the scholarship. Their vision is to empower the minority communities and provide them with good education and employment. These scholarship are available for study in India for pursuing technical and professional sources. About 5 lakh scholarships are earmarked for the minority communities every year.
The government provides full financial assistance for graduation and post-graduation courses. It includes a ten months allowance.
Official website: http://www.scholarships.gov.in
Types of Minority Scholarship
There are three types of minority scholarships – Pre-matric scholarships, Post-Matric Scholarships, and Merit-cum-means scholarship.
It is to provide financial assistance to students of class 1 to 10. The government gives 600 per month. The parental income should be less than 1 Lakh per annum and have a minimum aggregate of 50% in the previous year examination.
It provides scholarships to intelligent students to give them incredible opportunities and an excellent education. It is for studies in secondary schools or colleges.
This is for the students who want to do graduation or post-graduation in prestigious institutions. About 60,000 scholarships are offered every year.
Minority Scholarships Last date 2021
|Name of Scholarships||Last date of Minority Scholarship|
|Pre-matric Scholarship||15 October 2021|
|Post-matric Scholarship||31 October 2021|
|Merit-cum-means scholarship||31 October 2021|
Eligibility Criteria of Minority Scholarship 2021
|Name of scholarship||Qualifying criteria||Parental Income|
|Pre-matric scholarships||At least 50% marks in the previous final examination.||Less than 1 lakh|
|Post matric scholarships||Less than 2 lakh per annum|
|Merit-cum-means scholarships||Less than 2.5 lakh per annum|
Documents required to Apply for Minority Scholarship
1. Candidate’s passport size photo
2. Parent’s income proof issued by an authority
3. Bank account details and aadhar card
4. Domicile certificate
5. Self-attested copy of mark sheet of previous year examination.
6. Fee receipt of the current year
7. Bank -account proof
8. Income Certificate
9. Bonafide student certificate
The format of documents uploaded is of .pdf, .jpeg format and should not exceed size of 200 kb.
The registration process of Minority Scholarship 2021
These are the steps followed for the application process of minority scholarships:-
- Go to NSP official portal
- Register yourself on the portal and fill all the necessary details.
- Fill in necessary details such as name, mobile no, email-id, bank account number, IFSC code, aadhar card number, etc.
- Your applicant id will be generated and can be used to log in again.
- The mobile number and email id will be verified through OTP.
After validation, candidates will get the message “Your application is generated successfully”.
Minority Scholarship Renewal
Once you have registered for the scholarship, you can renew it from time to time. After being selected, it has to be renewed after one academic year. It will be verified that you have an aggregate percentage of 50% in the previous year’s final examination.
Steps to renew Minority Scholarship
- Visit NSP official portal and login with your registered ID
- Select the ‘Renewal’ option.
- Enter the bank account number and your date of birth.
- Click ‘Submit.’