Table of Contents
What is the Maulana Azad Scholarship?
The main motive of the Maulana Azad Scholarship is to provide an integrated five-year scholarship in the form of financial help to students. The scheme is for the students who belong to minority communities and are pursuing higher studies such as regular and full-time M.Phil/Ph.D. degrees in Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Engineering & Technology. Maulana Azad Scholarship 2021 has the reservation for differently abled students. The scholarship covers all Universities/Institutions recognized by the (UGC) University Grants Commission under section 3 and section 2(f) of UGC Act. The Ministry of Minority Affairs has implemented it.
Maulana Azad Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The students belonging to one of the minority communities and have cleared the CBSE/NTAUGC-NET/ CSIR-NET are eligible for the Maulana Azad Scholarship. They will receive scholarships under Maulana Azad Scholarship Programme. To be eligible for the Maulana Azad Scholarship, the candidate should have passed the post-graduation examination with a minimum of 55% marks.
A candidate should follow the below conditions to be eligible for Maulana Azad Scholarship’s award:
- Candidate must belong to one of the minority communities – Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Parsi & Jain.
- To be eligible for Maulana Azad Scholarship candidate should be a part for regular and full-time M.Phil/Ph.D. courses in University or Academic Institution.
- The per year income of the guardian or parents of the candidate should not exceed Rs. 6.0 lakh per annum from all sources.
- The candidate should not have secured less than 55% at the Post Graduate level to apply for the Maulana Azad Scholarship.
- Transgender candidates can also apply for the Maulana Azad Scholarship.
Maulana Azad Scholarship Amount
Maulana Azad Scholarship program provides financial aid to the students so that the students who want to pursue their higher studies can continue their studies. The students whose financial background is not much good and their parents cannot afford their studies can also get help.
Mentioned below is the details of the scholarship amount issued by the Maulana Azad Educational Foundation:
- An amount of Rs. 25,000/- would be provided under the Maulana Azad scholarship for the initial two years and Rs. 28,000/- for the remaining tenure for the Humanities & Social Sciences and Commerce candidates.
- The candidates of Science students would receive Rs. 10,000/- for the initial two years and Rs. 20,500/- for the remaining three years.
- Rs. 12,000/- for the initial two years and Rs. 25,000/- for the remaining three years would be received by the escorts/Reader Assistance under the Maulana Azad Scholarship.
- A sum of Rs. 2,000/- shall be provided to a candidate if the candidate falls under a physically and visually challenged category.
Maulana Azad Scholarship Benefits
The Maulana Azad Scholarship helps the students who belong to minority communities. The Maulana Azad Scholarship program also helps the physically or mentally challenged students. It encourages the students to continue their higher studies.
- Under the Maulana Azad Scholarship, the students who belong to minority communities and their parents are not able to finance their education can get the benefits of this scheme.
- Also, the transgender candidates and candidates those who are visually or physically challenged can get the benefits.
- The students can finance their study courses on their own.
Maulana Azad Scholarship Last Date
- The last date for candidates to register for the Maulana Azad Fellowship 2021 is December 2021.
- The last date to apply for the Begum Hazrat Mahal National Fellowship is 30 September 2021.
Documents required for Maulana Azad Scholarship
Students can register online to avail of the benefits of the Maulana Azad Scholarship program. The candidates can fill online forms. Along with the form, various documents are also required to check the authenticity of the candidate. The list of the documents required for the Maulana Azad Scholarship 2021 scholarship is given below:
Documents for Begum Hazrat Mahal Fellowship
- The income certificate should be there.
- The passport-sized photographs of the candidate.
- Verification form issued by the school.
Documents for Maulana Azad Fellowship 2021
- Caste certificate of the candidate.
- Certificate of the disability.
- Scholarship or current employment of the candidate should be mentioned.
Process of application for Maulana Azad Scholarship
Online registration forms are available on the official site of UGC. The form can be filled, and the documents can be submitted online for the Maulana Azad Scholarship 2021.
The process to apply for Maulana Azad Scholarship 2021
- Visit the official website of UGC and click on the Maulana Azad Scholarship.
- Fill the form and attach the documents.
- Click on submit.
Maulana Azad Scholarship Renewal
The Maulana Azad Scholarship scheme is open for all the classes. The renewal application for the Begum Hazrat Mahal Fellowship and Maulana Azad Scholarship Fellowship will not be entertained. Students can fill a fresh form for each class to take the benefits of this scheme.
Maulana Azad Education Loan
Maulana Azad Education Foundation provides education loans to the students who come from minority communities. The loan or financial aid is provided from two fellowship programs. The two fellowship schemes are the Begum Hazrat Mahal fellowship scheme and the Maulana Azad Fellowship scheme. Money rewards are provided to the candidates after checking all the details in the form and the documents required. Begum Hazrat Mahal scholarship is given to the candidates of every state or UT based on the minority population present in that state.
Contact information of Maulana Azad Scholarship
In case of any query regarding the Maulana Azad Scholarship Program, one can use the given source to contact. The candidate asks the query through E-mail, fax, or contact number.
Shri Rizwanur Rahman
Maulana Azad Education Foundation
(Ministry of Minority Affairs, Govt. of India)
Maulana Azad Campus, Chelmsford Road
New Delhi-110 055
Contact No. +91-11-23583788/23583789
Fax No. +91-11-23561945
Maulana Azad Scholarship Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1. How can I get the benefits of the scholarship?
Ans. (i) He/she should be from one of the minority communities notified under Section 2 (c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992.
(ii) Candidate should clear CBSE-NET/ CSIR-NET examination before applying for Maulana Azad National Fellowship for minority students for M.Phil/Ph.D.
Q.2. What is the duration of the scholarship?
Ans. The duration of the scholarship is according to the course and the scholarship program the candidate is availing.
Q.3. What is the selection procedure of MANF?
Ans. (i) The fellowship applications are invited only once in a year.
(ii) 30% of the fellowship is fixed for women students; the remaining 70% will be general.
Q.4. What is the Income Ceiling under MANF?
Ans. Per year income of parents or guardian of the candidate who is applying for Maulana Azad National Fellowship for minority scholarship should be less than Rs.6.00 Lakh per annum.
Q.5. I should contact to whom for the amount of fellowship amount?
Ans. The Fellowship amount is granted by the UGC through different banks. Students may contact UGC/Canara Bank or MoMA for any query regarding the release of fellowship.
Q.6. Which communities are covered under the Scheme?
Ans. Minority communities include the candidates coming from Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, and Zoroastrians (Parsis) communities.
Q.7. Which courses are covered under MANF?
Ans. Only regular M. Phil and Ph. D courses are covered under MANF.
Q.8. What is the fellowship amount?
Ans. The amounts of the fellowship are released by the UGC every year.
Q.9. What is the eligibility criteria for the scholarship?
Ans. The students belonging to one of the minority communities and have cleared the CBSE/NTAUGC-NET/ CSIR-NET are eligible for the Maulana Azad Scholarship.
Q.10. What documents are required to apply for a scholarship?
Ans. The documents required are certificate of minority, a passport-sized photograph, and school verification.
Other Important Scholarships
- Apj Abdul Kalam Scholarship
- Ashirwad Scholarship
- Bihar Scholarship
- Canara Bank Scholarship
- Colgate Scholarship
- Dr Ambedkar Scholarship
- E District Scholarship
- Epass Karnataka Scholarship
- Fair And Lovely Scholarship
- Florida’s John Mckay Scholarship
- Inspire Scholarship
- Jio Scholarship
- Karnataka Minority Scholarship
- Lic Scholarship
- Medhavi Scholarship
- Minority Scholarship
- Moma Scholarship
- Mp Scholarship
- Muslim Minority Scholarship
- Nsp Scholarship
- Oasis Scholarship
- Obc Scholarship
- Odisha Scholarship
- Pfms Scholarship
- Post Matric Scholarship
- Pre Matric Scholarship
- Prerana Scholarship
- Prime Minister Scholarship
- Rajasthan Scholarship
- Santoor Scholarship
- Sitaram Jindal Scholarship
- Ssp Scholarship
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
- Ts Epass Scholarship
- Up Scholarship
- Vidhyasaarathi Scholarship
- Wbmdfc Scholarship
- West Bengal Minority Scholarship