What is Karnataka Minority Scholarship?
This scholarship is launched by the Karnataka State Government to mainly provide scholarships to the meritorious students of the minority communities such as Muslims, Christians, Parsis, Sikhs, Jains, etc. It aims at lifting the socio-economic status of the status.
It is called GOKDOM, offering scholarships also for abroad studies. It includes master’s degree courses, Ph.D. and postdoctoral courses for 2-year courses.
Official website: https://gokdom.kar.nic.in
Karnataka Minority Scholarship Eligibility criteria
- Candidates must have at least 50 percent marks or equivalent in the previous year examination.
- Students from other states studying in Karnataka are not eligible for this scholarship.
List of Karnataka Minority Scholarship
GOKDOM pre-matric scholarship for minorities of Karnataka
It is for the students of class 1st to 10th, obtaining a minimum of 50% marks in exams. The family income should not be exceeding 1 lakh per annum
GOKDOM post-matric scholarships for minorities of Karnataka
Students studying from class 11th to Ph.D. level can apply for it. Family income should not be more than 2 lakh annually.
GOKDOM Merit-cum-means Scholarship for Minorities in Karnataka
It is a popular scholarship for students who want to pursue technical and professional courses. Family income should not exceed 2.5 lakh.
GOKDOM National Overseas Scholarship for minority community students in Karnataka
It is for the students to study abroad. It includes master’s degree courses, Ph.D. and postdoctoral courses for 2-year courses.
GOKDOM Phil and Ph.D. fellowships for minority students in Karnataka
If you want to do a Ph.D. in a particular field. You can get Rs5000 per month
GOKDOM incentive for SSLC and 2nd PUC Students in Karnataka
It is for the class 10th and 12th students who have scored more than 85% marks. Top students can get up to Rs. 20,000 once.
Documents Required for Karnataka Minority Scholarship
- Candidate’s passport size photo
- Parent’s income proof issued by an authority
- Bank account details and aadhar card
- Domicile certificate
- Self-attested copy of mark sheet of previous year examination.
- Fee receipt of the current year
- Bank -account proof
- Income Certificate
- Bonafide student certificate
- The format of documents uploaded is of .pdf, .jpeg format and should not exceed size of 200 kb.