What is inspire scholarship?
Inspire (Innovation in Science Pursuit for inspired search) program was launched by the Department of Science and Technology (DST). It is offered to the students pursuing Bachelor’s and Master’s courses in science based on their marks. It is a merit-based scholarship. The Honourable Prime Minister has announced it.
Objectives of inspire scholarship:
1. To attract more students to study in natural and basic science and encourage research as a career.
2. To prepare youth as science citizens to compete globally and achieve great accomplishments.
3. This innovative scheme covers the age group from 10 to 32 years, giving them wonderful opportunities.
4. The scholarships, awards, etc. are directly released to the students.
Who can apply for an inspire scholarship?
Candidates who have top 1% marks in class 12th and pursuing courses in basic or natural sciences at UG or PG level in the same year in which they have passed class 12th are eligible to apply for inspire scholarship. The applicants having a rank among top 10,000 students in JEE main, advanced, or AIEEE exam can fill the application form of inspire scholarship 2020.
Types of Inspire scholarship 2020
1. Scheme for Early Attraction of Talent for Science (SEATS)
It aims to provide a great platform to the students of the age group 10 to 15 years. To encourage more students to pursue their careers in science and shape into professional careers as well. It awards the students for good performance
2. Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE)
It provides scholarships to the meritorious students for pursuing courses in natural and basic sciences at BSc or MSc level. This program disburses around 10,000 scholarships every year.
3. Assured Opportunity In research Career (AORC) Fellowships and Faculty Awards
It aims at strengthening research as a career among youths. It gives around 1000 fellowships every year for doctoral studies in research.
Inspire Scholarship Eligibility Criteria 2020
- Students who want to apply for the scholarship should go through the eligibility criteria to avail the scholarship:-
- Students who are among the top 1% in XII Board Exams/and pursuing science courses at undergraduate or postgraduate level in colleges or universities.
- Courses should be in Natural and Basic sciences at Bsc or Integrated MSc levels.
- Candidates should be12th pass from any state board or central board in India.
- There are two methods to get a scholarship, one to be in the top 1% of students in class 12th or should have good marks in the National Entrance Exam.
- Subjects to inspire scholarship eligibility 2020:
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Oceanic Sciences
- Top Rank in National Entrance Exams
Students who secure a rank in top 10000 in the joint entrance examination and pursue a course in Basic Science or Natural Sciences at Undergraduate or postgraduate level. The exams are given as below:-
- JEE MAIN
- JEE ADVANCED
- NEET or AIPMT
You cannot have any other scholarship with an INSPIRE scholarship. Otherwise, It would be cancelled.
Inspire scholarship 2020 cutoff
|Board Name||Inspire scholarship to cut off 2020|
|Jammu and Kashmir||92.40|
Inspire scholarship 2020 Online application form – How to apply?
The process of submission of the inspire scholarship 2020 application form is fully online. The steps are given as following to fill the application form:-
1. Visit the online portal www.online-inspire.gov.in
2. Candidates should register themselves on this website for the scholarship. Fill in your email address properly. It will be used for further communications.
3. Enter your details, including name, date of birth, gender, email id, password, and eligibility criteria as per your own choice.
4. Please click the submit button to submit your application successfully.
After the successful completion of the inspire scholarship application, a pop message will appear on the screen that your user ID and password have been sent to your registered email ID. Click on the link to activate the account.
Documents required to Apply for inspire scholarship
Upload the following documents in the given size
1. Passport size photograph
It should be in jpeg format not exceeding the size of more than 50 KB
2. Community/Caste certificate
It should be uploaded if the candidate belongs to SC/ST/OBC. It should be uploaded in pdf format and should have a maximum size of 1MB
3. Class 12th mark sheet in pdf format and maximum size of 1MB
4. Class X mark sheet or certificate for proof of date of birth
5. The endorsement form is compulsory. The principal of the college should sign it.
6. The first page of the applicant’s bank passbook.
After completion, please take the printout of the application form for future references.
When to apply for inspire scholarship?
Candidates have to apply for inspire scholarship online application. They can apply in the year in which they have passed class 12th and taken admission in natural sciences or basic sciences courses at the undergraduate or postgraduate level.
Inspire scholarship 2020 selected candidate list
A list of selected candidates for inspire scholarships 2020-21 will be announced in May 2020 on the official website. All the selected applicants will receive a notification on their registered email ids. The scholarship amount will be transferred to the account by DBT.
Inspire scholarship last date 2020
The last date of inspire scholarship 2020 is 31 December 2019.
Awards of INSPIRE SHE scholarship
Every selected student will get Rs 80,000 annually. An amount of Rs 60,000 will be payable in cash to the students, and other Rs20, 000 will be the summer internship fee, which is mandatory.
Inspire SHE Scholarship contact number
Applicants can ask queries on the email id given below.
Email ID: email@example.com
The subject should be the Internship SHE fellowship, faculty general. Otherwise, the email will not be answered most probably.
Inspire scholarship result 2020
The result of inspire scholarship 2020 will be released in May 2020. Selected candidates will be notified soon. The amount will be transferred to the SBI account through DBT.