Good morning to everyone present here.
My name is Rahul and I am here to present a speech on the “importance of time”. This is one of the most inevitable struggles of student life. And I’m sure that each one of us can learn from one another’s struggles and have testimonies of our own.
Being a student, the first that we do after waking up in the morning is worry. Be it worries of school homework, exams or anything that we left pending for the next day and didn’t do it. Well, that is where we miss the whole point of the day.
Give heed to this verse from the Holy Bible:
Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
I want to lay out just a few mistakes that we make all through the day that really diverts the course of our day and hence the course of our:-
- Lack of vision: This is undoubtedly the highest calling for each one of us. To have a vision means that we don’t just live the present but all that we do reflects a greater goal that is the motivation behind every move that we make.
- Low self esteem: Most of us think that we don’t have enough talents or resources that it takes to reach the mark. But we’re definitely wrong.
“The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” — Bruce Lee
- No time table: We need to make a schedule that we can follow through the day. The whole day must be planned and thought through.
- Wasting Time: Because of lack of vision and purpose, one tends to be distracted by every second alluring thing that passes by.
Lost time is never found again -Benjamin Franklin
Time is the most important entity that each of us is entrusted to. Every endeavour we undertake is measured in terms of time. Time is the essence of life. We must learn to treasure and value every second our existence of this planet.
Every person in the world who ever became great valued their time greatly. It is the sign of greatness. If you have a transcendent purpose, something that is beyond yourself then you have a tremendous potential to make an impact in a lost and selfish world.
Being a student, you must be conscious of the amount of time you spend in every activity lest it be too late and you miss the mark. I try to implement the following practices in my own life:-
- Get up early: Early to bed and early to rise makes a person healthy, wealthy and wise. This adage is true in all its sense.
- Healthy: – A healthy lifestyle is the key to success. Health is wealth. According to your natural body cycle you must have 7-8 hrs of sleep.
- Perspective: – When you get up early, you get time to think through about your activities for the day and plan them efficiently. Thus a lot of time of getting swayed with the wind and wasting time is definitely saved.
- Finish: – All that starts well ends well.
- Envision: – The greatest minds in the world testify to this reality that a vision is must to succeed in life.
“Don’t count the days, make the days count.” – Muhammad Ali
- Work towards your dream: – Do not let go of your deepest desires and longings. I want to encourage you that you are not just an additional person in the population of billions but you are necessary to make this world a better place. Without your contribution, this world is missing something indispensable.
With these words, I want to encourage and aspire you to follow your deepest desires. Without managing your time well, you can never reach that pinnacle. But I assure you that if you start treating time as preciously as it is, you will never be left behind.