Honesty is the best policy – Essay 1
Honesty, a habit that must be inherent by every individual born on the planet. Honesty implies being truthful. To make it simpler, we often judge the individual to be honest if he practices speaking truth. If you are honest enough, you bear a sense of confidence and a positive aspect of your life.
A person who possesses honesty in his/her life possesses an ethical way of living life. An honest person shows good behaviour, he always follows rules and regulations, maintains discipline, is always punctual, and speaks the truth.
In short, an honest person is trustworthy as he always follows the right path and believes in speaking truth.
To make Honesty applicable in our life. We often say, “honesty is the best policy”. It is a wise phrase. Probably, every child learns this teaching from their parents. To an extent, making life full of ethical nature is the parent’s role. This beautiful teaching has been though since the time being immortal. However, its practice has certainly fallen short. Nowadays, People lies very frequently. Furthermore, there is a lot of things that are completely involved in corruption these days.
People deceive each other by being dishonest. Therefore, there is an urgent need to face the mirror of life.
Benefits of Honesty is the best policy
A famous quote as given by great personality is, “Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom”. It holds to be a positive and good feature due to its ability to build, motivate, and shape integral values in our life.
To develop moral components within us, we need to look for some important aspects of life, and Honesty is one among those. Honesty helps to develop positive attributes like truthfulness, discipline, moral integrity, kindness, and much more.
If we talk about the elimination part, we should be focused to overcome the lack of trust, steal, lying, cheating, greed, and some other important attributes. These aspects have no place when we talk about Honesty or being Honest.
- Honest people are sincere, loyal, and trustworthy throughout their life. Honesty is valuable and is a habit of utmost importance.
- Honesty promotes Authenticity. If you are honest, you will reflect on one’s feelings and thoughts. Certainly, honesty helps in knowing who you are. Therefore, one must be honest in self – expression.
- To speak trust, a person requires a lot of courage. However, to fake out a lie, all you need is a jumble of words. This shows the difference and the courage one has to reveal to lead a part of Honesty.
- Honesty removes fear from the Heart. It makes people confident and courageous. Speaking truth is a part of bravery. The one who lies is a coward. Also, speaking falsehood is a sign of low self – confidence.
- Another feature to highlight is Maturity. Honesty certainly reflects the maturity of a person. An individual’s personality reflects positive signs if he practices honesty. Also, if you are mature enough, you will speak the trust without even hurting the feelings of others.
- The discussion could not end if we forget about our self – peace i.e. the peace of mind. Being honest makes you feel free. An honest person reflects light-headed feelings. The reason is that he is not stuck in the stress and tensions of lying. Moreover, he does not have to deal with keeping secrets. All this feels makes him more relaxing.
- Additionally, an individual’s reputation is also attached to the power of being Honest. He enhances his reputation and status in society if he practices honesty. Everyone seems to be fond of such an honest person. Also, it is very easy for an honest person to generate trust with other people.
- Honesty keeps all the troubles away. A lie can provide some sort of temporary relief for an individual but in the long run, this is going to be his own fatal. Lies pull a person into more and more trouble. It even makes a person more habitual of being a liar. He/she continuously engages in speaking lies. One lie can lead to a hundred more lies.
Therefore, one must be truthful from the beginning. All this means is that one must stay honest in every situation that crosses the way.
Being honest will certainly result in high – quality friends. Also, with the high – quality you might even get to enjoy a long-lasting friendship with those who deserve. This friendship will be very close and strong which involves such individuals.
How to Avoid lying?
To stop lying is a tough path if you are a chronic liar. But it is not an impossible task. Although this will result in long-lasting fruitful results. One must not assume that others will not accept the truth.
Gather up your courage. This will help you to speak what you wish to and, in the end, you will end up saying all that is true. Though it requires courage but is certainly good. It is not the job of a faint-hearted person.
Try to think the other way. Do you wish to be lied? No, if you don’t consider this for yourself, how can you apply it for others. Assuming this way will structure you as being a remote thinker.
Before speaking the truth, always try to structure your words. Furthermore, always ensure not to speak rude or blunt.
The fact that honesty is a tough path in today’s world is completely acceptable. But keeping in mind the positive sides of Honesty, we must mould ourselves.
Honesty is the best policy, is of significant importance. In this dark word, Honesty is the light of hope.
To make honesty a practice, try to find situations where you can prove yourself of being honest. In some attempts, you might think of dropping the plan but sooner or later, you will enjoy the circumstances. Honesty is the power that prevails in the mind and soul of a person.
Therefore, honesty must prevail while the falsehood must be perished.
Honesty is the best policy – Essay 2
Honesty is a deserving praise for anyone in any walk of life. Dishonesty may bring instant success, but in the long run it will only bring disaster.
Indeed, honesty is the best policy. An honest person is admired and respected by others. Other people know that they can trust him or her and that he or she is a dependable and reliable person.
They know that even if they do something wrong, he or she will own up to it. He or she will never try to make excuses, blame others or tell lies.
When a person tells lies often, very soon, people realize that he or she is a terrible liar. They avoid him or her, and know that he or she is not to be trusted. They do not believe anything that he or she says, for it could be a lie.
People have no respect for such a person. Gandhiji always spoke the truth, even if he knew that he would be punished for what he said.
The guiding principles of his entire life were truth and ahimsa, and he taught this to everyone. Today he is revered and admired all over the world.
So it is up to us to decide which path we wish to take: the path of righteousness and honesty or the path of slyness and dishonesty.
Speaking truth is often difficult in many circumstances, but truth remains long lasting, a person is identified by his/her deeds.
What make a person remembered? His deeds, that how he/she was. It is human tendency to speak lies, but you often avoid speaking lies.
If a person catch you speaking lie, then he will never believe on you, truth as its own power, even sometimes you spoke lie, then also they will believe on you, because they knew that you speaks truth only.
Speaking Truth has a different impact. It is better that you should follow, the famous proverb saying words, that “Honesty is the best policy” and it cannot be avoided.
Looking for experts to help with your academic writing? Don’t get upset, you can safely order essay online at WriteMyPaperHub. Your essay paper on honesty topics will be of the highest quality and delivered timely.
Story on Honesty is the Best policy
We all have read a story about the woodcutter and mercury in school life. The story was that, one day a woodcutter’s axe accidentally fell into a river. The river at the spot was deep and its current was swift.
The woodcutter tried hard but he could not find his axe. He was very sad. Mercury, the messenger of god, saw the sad woodcutter and took pity on him.
Don’t worry. I will bring you your axe, said Mercury to the wood cutter and dived into the river. Mercury came out of the river with an axe of gold and offered it to the woodcutter. The woodcutter said, “That is not mine. I can’t take it.”
Once again Mercury went down into the river and this time returned with an axe made of pure silver. The honest woodcutter said, “That is not my axe either.”
So Mercury dived into the river a third time. This time he brought with him a crude axe made of iron.
“That’s it,” cried the woodcutter joyfully and rushed to Mercury to take it.
Mercury was pleased with the poor man’s honesty. He gave him both the gold axe and the silver axe as a reward for his honesty.