Summer is the most awaiting period for the children and students as it gives breaks to the student from school and college practices.
The college and school get closed due to the high temperature. Most of the students and children enjoy their vacations by going to some cool places like hilly areas, and other join activity classes in their school or from any other source, which is called the summer camps, and the college students are likely to have their job internship.
Generally, all the students wait for their summer vacations as if it acts like a boosting month to their busy and hustle school and college life.
Mainly in northern India, summer vacation starts from the start from midway of May and ends in the first week of July.
During summer vacation, the students are free from peer pressure, exam traumas, and being bullied and heavy loads of homework.
Things that can be done in summer and ways to enjoy summer vacations Students can make vacation productive and enjoyable.
- The student must spend time with their family and visit beaches, hilly station, and other vacation destinations.
- They can learn new skills from YouTube or any other platforms and make their vacation a productive one as it will grow their minds and are apart from their studies. They can end up learning a new skill.
- They can join their summer camps and their university internship.
- Student can visit their native village can see and learn the lifestyle of rural people and the struggle they face in comparison from the modern lifestyle.
- Learning water sports is a good idea; it will be more joyful and refreshing in the hot summer.
- June is a hot month. A student can make a DIY bowl and can serve cold water periodically to thirsty birds and animals.
- They can learn and do something creative and learn some basics like
in math the tables, elements name in chemistry, and formulae in physics
- They can learn some basic cooking as in the future if they are stuck anywhere this skill can help them.
- You can visit your grandparents as they are a treasure of joy, experience, knowledge.
Places that you can visit in the summer holidays
Vacations are more likely to explore the sites during this soothing break.
- The village is an excellent choice to go silent place without any hustle and bustle of the city.
- Visiting a cool place like Shimla, Himachal Pradesh Jammu and Kashmir would be the right choice as it gives relief from the very hot temperature
- Visiting the religious places and learning new facts and new stories will give new knowledge, and visiting the coastlines are the best choice like Mumbai, Goa, and thirdly visiting southern areas like Tamil Nadu, Karnataka.
- Ancient monuments and historical places will very helpful to figure out what happened in history and will inspire us and boosts general knowledge
- What will be more good than visiting those places of which we had only studied in our textbooks? The foreign tour will be great to explore from their language, cultural, historical monuments, knowing its currencies to
- You should be Visiting grandparents and childhood friends and regain your lots of memories.
Here are a few places that you can visit during the summer vacation.
- Frolic boonies, multiple places
- Khstij world, Mumbai
- Houseboats and Shikaras, Kashmir
- Tea gardens in Munnar
- Zip lining and toy train-Matheran
- Farm stay and cheese making- Coonoor
- Buddhist culture, wildlife and china border
- Treks, history, and cable car – Mussoorie
- Ranthambore national parks – tiger and safari
- The hot air balloon ride and dell adventures – Lonavala
- paragliding capital of India- Bir Billing
- Honey extraction and ropeway – saputara
Summer camps –
It is a school organized camp in which student s learn some extra circular activities apart from their textbooks. It is a perfect opportunity for the students to more brighten their inner skills and their talents.
Their skill is brought up to the new level some skills include singing, dance, personality development, badminton, water sports, karate, volleyball, boxing, athletics, etc.
Importance of summer camps in student’s life-
- It enhances leadership skills- there are some games on which the groups are divided, and there is a leader who leads the group and through which he /she learns the skills how to lead a specific group
- Helps the students to get socialize and make new friends – in the academic session, students do not enough time to make friends and whereas in summer camps, they will find many friends by their inside jokes, sharing life, and experience life events.
- Improved personality and communication skills –by attending those classes if they have opted for personality development courses they will come up with good personality and communication as some students lack on this and in future if they pass out there every written exam they will still end up failing in the interviews if they do not have good personality and communication skills.
- The skill learned from here can be their future dreams – nobody is same is in this world, we all have different dreams some are in the educational field and some interest in the entertainment field and sports also so these skills can be more brush-ups through the summer camps
- Decision-making skills are improved- Summer camps help the students to help themselves in their future and also embed the feeling of autonomy and freedom to help them to make their decision.
Enjoy summer vacations at home due to COVID-19 pandemic
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, we are not in the condition to visit anywhere and have to sit in the house.
As being a citizen of India, we can sacrifice many more holidays and vacation. The advantage of this lockdown is we get plenty of family time.
We are helped by our corona warriors like doctors, hospital staff, sanitation workers, cops, and our army. We are fortunate to have these warriors around us.
This time could be productive as well we can learn anything in which we are interested can make our summer vacations productive.
We can learn new skills for free from YouTube if we choose any informative and skill full channel
We can make masks at home, which help the poor and needy ones. We can read many E-books or listen to audiobooks online to brush up our knowledge.
You can go by learning some basics skills like cooking, baking—needle and thread work, and cleaning the house, disinfecting all the touched surfaces.
Although summer is the hottest season of the year, it is also a period of excitement and cheerfulness.
We must make our vacations productive by brushing up our skills and adventurous by exploring new places as well.
But this year 2020, has changed our perspective of vacations as the pandemic has occurred nobody can go out because of the threat of virus, so we should as a responsible citizen should stay home, stay safe and if we are going outside we should wear masks and this pandemic will be ending soon. We will get back more quickly to our vacation.