“The distance between dreams and reality is called discipline”
Discipline is one of the most important keys for every person to succeed in their life.
Discipline is the practice taught to every student in their student life in order to teach them to obey rule or codes of behaviour using some sort of punishment when they deny obeying.
Discipline in student’s life
Every student at the span of their student’s life must be taught discipline in order to train them to obey rules because this will help them in future wherever they will go to get their job and to accomplish every aim in their life.
The age of the students is that age where they can grasp things easily and can be moulded to any shape we want them to and so discipline is necessary at the time of student’s age only because after that they won’t!
And it is not a commodity which anyone can buy it from a market it is a quality which children should get and it can be nurtured from childhood only.
At a student’s level, where now a day is a cut-throat competition and where time is very much precious for every student the role of discipline can become an obstacle.
Self-discipline is something students should aim to achieve because if one can able to retain them self in a disciplined manner then things will automatically become easy for them to achieve.
Discipline is something of which everyone is aware of but only some are able to understand that. You will find that most successful person in the world follows discipline in daily routine basis.
The importance of discipline in student’s life
- To stay motivated in the life because discipline lets us remind the things we need to complete and that help in building confidence and let us stay motivated.
- It helps in scheduling and maintains it which helps in complete work in proper time.
- When someone maintains discipline it becomes easier for them to maintain and control their personal life and study which helps in relieving stress and be confident about their life and work.
- When one is in the discipline it helps to gain perspective in life in order to achieve something other than just enjoying life.
- Helps in getting good grades, as being in discipline benefits one to get better grades and that helps in enhancing one’s resume to look better and more attractive than others and look an attractive employee.
Discipline in School Life
The school is the primary and basic level from where a child gets to know and learn the things; students get trained there so that they will get to know how to achieve things and what things they need to do in order to achieve their goals.
For this they need to learn so many things like how to control their mind, the practice of obedience, build their mind and personality, to get all these one needs to practice discipline because discipline helps to train one’s character and mind, the practice of obedience and building a sense of self-control.
Maintain discipline in school
- Respect must be given to students also in order to teach them how to respect others because then they will get to know what respect means.
- Teachers should not be judgemental they should always try to know their students and according to handle everyone.
- Teaching in a strict way is not enough, it is very important to get involved with the students so that they can feel free to share their problems and can respect you to follow your ideas.
- Involving also mean to get involved with their social and emotional skills so that they will not feel alone and won’t become weak emotionally.
- Always tell the students about their strength-weakness, quality-bad habits, be fair and consistent with them always in order to bring out their talent.
- Always show a positive attitude towards them because they will learn whatever they will see.
- Never humiliate or embarrass any student in front of anyone because that will give rise to a sense of guilt among them and that can lead to negativity and lack of confidence in them.
At the very first sight, it may appear that discipline takes away individual liberty to everyone but instead, liberty without discipline leads to absolute lawlessness.
But not only in school should discipline be practised in every home to their children to obey the heads whether of family or their head in the future job for practical reasons.
And there are plenty of ways through which discipline can be taught to the students by making charts of learning goals and to maintain a diary in order to remember the things and to organize them in an organised manner.