Conventional sources of energy are coal, petroleum, natural gases. Conventional sources of energy are those energy sources which are nonrenewable and hazardous.
Mainly energy is produced form nonrenewable sources of energy. These are nonrenewable because they cannot be replaced by natural substances, and their formation takes billions of years. Nonrenewable sources of energy are also called as stock resources. They are called conventional sources because they take years for their generation.
There is another natural way of producing energy that is by the products of living organisms. These natural resources of energy are renewable energy resources.
Renewable energy resources can be quickly recycled. Renewable energy resources are called as non-conventional source of energy.
And non-conventional sources of energy are also called as alternate sources of energy, and also their exploitation is very easy as compared to conventional sources of energy. There are various sources of energy.
Various sources of energy are
- Biomass Energy: Biomass comes from plants and animals it is organic material. It is renewable energy source. Biomass contains energy stored from sun. When biomass is burned than chemical energy of biomass is burned in the form of heat.
- Solar Energy: It is the radiation of light from sun.
- Geothermal Energy: It is heat from earth. This energy is very clean and sustainable. These resources are like hot rock found inside the earth’s surface. Example: Molten rock and magma.
- Hydroelectric Energy: It generates electricity. Generation of electricity is from hydropower.
Difference between conventional and non-conventional sources of energy
Conventional sources of energy
- They are in use for a long time. Example: petroleum, coal, water power and natural gases.
- They are responsible for pollution, when they are used they emit smoke and ash.
- They are very expensive.
- Maintenance cost is very high; they are stored and then transmitted because they are transmitted through transmission lines and grid.
Non-conventional sources of energy
- These resources are in development phase. Example: Solar wind, tidal. Geothermal, biomass and biogas.
- These sources of energy are inexhaustible.
- Generally they are pollution free.
- They are very less expensive and affordable, due to local use and it is very easy to maintain them.
Environment effect of these energy sources cannot be understood. Energy efficient systems are made for self-reliability and they are efficient sources of energy.
Conventional energy sources
- Coal: Coal is the most important source of energy. Coal was formed from remaining trees millions year ago. Remained water or clay is decomposed from plants. Coal is an intermediate product and also known as peat. Due to progressive decomposition by heat plants loses the moisture and then wood get converted into coal.
- Petroleum and natural gases: Petroleum is important in solar energy. And all over the world it is used in huge amount. Petroleum is used in automobiles, trains, planes and ships. Without it we cannot handle vehicle. Natural gases play a very important role in life. It is made by the mixture of propane and butane. It is the refining of gases at room temperature. Natural gases are stored in cylinders.
- Hydropower: It is made from the use of rainfall water and water flow from higher to lower potential. Hydro power is responsible for electricity it is basic conventional source of energy. It can be transmitted from long cables. It is mainly generated from river valley.
- Fuel woods: In the process of making wood as fuel forest and plant play a very important role. For household purpose fuel is used mostly in villages.Due to lack of forestation and plants it becomes very difficult to generate fuel woods.
- Nuclear Power: It is very cheaper product to be used. It uses uranium as fuel.
Conventional sources of energy are used in our daily life. It is very important to save them and use them when used.
If we waste it then for the generations to come it will become very difficult to use these resources of energy. Plant is the most important thing because from it petroleum and coal is generated so more plantation can help to save energy resources.
I every time used to read piece of writing in news papers but now as I am
a user of internet thus from now I am using net for articles or reviews, thanks to web.