Greetings to one and all present here. Today I am going to present my speech on the topic ‘how and why should we conserve nature?’ and I wish your co-operation throughout the time that I am presenting my speech.
Firstly, I would like to say that nature is a global topic. Whether it should be conserved or not, is not a topic to be debated on. It is known to everyone that if nature exists we exist. Without nature our sustenance will be difficult.
I would like to categorize my speech under two broad headings- firstly, why nature should be conserved and secondly, how can it be conserved.
Table of Contents
Why nature should be conserved?
There are uncountable reasons as to why nature should be conserved. Nature is our lifeline. It is our life source. Without it we wouldn’t survive.
The oxygen we breathe, the water we drink all comes from nature. That is the reason why it is called mother or ‘Mother Nature’.
Not only us, all life forms depends on nature for its sustenance, be it a plant, an animal, a bird or a fish. We in turn depend on both plants and animals to continue our life style and on nature on the whole.
There is a simple rule when speaking about the need of nature. It we respect nature, nature will respect us. If we destroy nature, nature will destroy us.
Already in recent years due to man’s excessive greed, man has started to destroy nature. Nature is still tolerating man’s torture. But this won’t last long.
Already nature has started punishing man for his misdeeds. A few of these punishments are – global warming, deforestation, soil erosion, famine, droughts, desertification, water scarcity, diseases etc. the names are ghastly right? Such is the revenge of nature.
It is far higher than the greatest punishments ever given. Man is already suffering enough from these problems and more such problems will be coming if we do not take up serious steps now only to save nature.
Immediate action is required to reverse our ways and methods so that we do not have to fall prey to the wrath of nature. This is the reason why nature has to be conserved and it needs to be conserved as soon as possible.
How nature should be conserved?
There are number of ways to conserve nature. Even planting a pot of plant everyday on a roadside can add up to a huge level of change.
It depends on how much aware you are about nature and how much you care about it.
Many technologies have recently developed that strive to conserve nature and its resources.
Few methods can be followed at Individual level and few need mass awareness. We also need to keep ourselves updated to know about the latest developments in the field of science and conservation.
To list a few are
- Using energy efficient lamps and equipment’s
- Using water only when needed
- Using fossil fuels judiciously.
- Instead of deforestation, reforestation is the term we should aim for. We should also seek out the help of the government in our venture
- People at once should stop the over utilization of natural resources instead they must be properly used.
- We should make a habit for proper waste disposal, compost and help in biodiversity.
- Mixed cropping, crop rotation, and proper use of fertilizer, insecticide and pesticides should be taught to farmers. Encourage the use of manures, bio-fertilizers and organic fertilizers.
- We must develop energy saving methods to avoid wastage of energy. We should remember “energy saved is energy produced.”
- Use drip irrigation and sprinkling irrigation to improve irrigation efficiency and reduce evaporation.
- Utilizing renewable energy sources of energy should be our goal. Encouraging the use of solar cooker, pump etc.
- Waste and waste water can be easily reused in agricultural purposes
- Installing and using rain water harvesting system in houses, colonies.
- In India a large part of the population is uneducated. We should try creating awareness in the localities.
Resources obtained from nature are such that they are non-renewable. Once they finish their supply is over forever. Hence, we should think twice before wasting any of the natural resources.
The natural resources mainly are all types of fossil fuels. Once the reserves of fossil fuels get over, nothing will be left for our future generations. Hence, it is very important to conserve them so that we can gift our children a future.
So, to wrap up I would like to say, you are a part of nature just like I am. We both know at some point of time we both have misused the gifts of nature without even sparing a second thought.
But now we know the harm that we have done to ourselves. Hence, it is a humble request to stand up and do something for the mother to whom we owe a lot.
To pay back her kindness with kindness. Only then we can dream of a better tomorrow. Only then can we exist.