Brain drain is the process that can be described as in which through migration one country losses it’s most talented and educated workers.
The problem is the highly skilled persons leave their country and contributes their work to other countries, and the country which they leave can suffer from many economic problems.
It can also be defined as the moving of people to more favorable country for better economic, geographic and professional environment. That is the movement of people from developing to developed countries.
India is a developing country is it requires talented people in the field of science. But due to economic conditions people leave the country because they get better salary and work environment compared to India.
For developing countries it is a serious problem. Talking about India, after independence our country has struggled a lot against poverty.
If instead of contributing our nation they will contribute to some other country it will become difficult for our country to become developed.
It started from ancient times once the scholars visited some other country and after that they started living there. If in India people finds some difficulty to achieve something then they starts serving other countries
Table of Contents
Causes of Brain Drain
Causes are many and differ country to country. There are various causes such as.
- Seeking employment sometimes the job we want becomes very difficult to find. If no people is working in the area where we are working then it also becomes problem so because of it people started migrating to other companies.
- Higher paying job: In India many engineers are migrating in other countries. Because they don’t gets payment according to the job. They work hard and day and night but after that also they are not able to get good salary. But if comparing to other companies they work according to time and also get more salary then they was getting here.
- Political instability.
- For the week of better quality of life people are migrating. Some of the people works as labor in other countries like Dubai but they gets highly paid their and also gets good quality of life. Many Indians are working in Dubai as labor or doing other works. Some of the people start driving taxi also in other countries.
There can be two causes of brain drain push and pull factor.
Push factors means it gives negative impacts to other countries that most of the talented people of our country are migrating in other countries.
There are many push factors such as non-availability of research facilities, discrimination in employment, undeveloped economic condition, poor working conditions and lack of freedom.
Pull factor means positive characteristics of the developed country where people get migrated and they would like to get benefited.
Reason of migration is that there they get better quality of life, higher payments, economic superior outlook, and stable political environment and also education system allows them to get better quality of training.
Effects of brain drain
When it happens in developing county then there may be some negative impacts, because most of the talented people gets migrated into other countries. Some effects are:
- Loss of revenue in taxes
- Loss of potential people and future entrepreneurs
- Shortage of skilled persons and important workers.
- Loss of economy can be a big factor, because it is very important to maintain the economy of country to become developed country.
- Loss of innovative and new idea.
- Loss of educated people and investment of country for educated people.
- Loss of education services.
This problem is needed to be solved. If the problem gets solved the there are many benefits. In spite of giving their knowledge to other country if people start giving their knowledge to their own country then it can be beneficial for the country.
Another benefit can be that if migrated people send money to their home then the can helps to stimulate the economy of home country.
Possible actions restrict brain drain
There are many drawbacks of brain drain, so government should do something to stop it or decrease the rate of brain drain.
Government should take steps to provide facilities to skilled persons and to pay them more so that they can work in their own country.
Other solution is that government should take steps to create better education system so that people do not go abroad for higher education.
More and more opportunities for youngsters should be created in the country itself along with good salary.